Chapter 5

That whole afternoon was hell for me. I didn't get upset with Kiara, i knew i needed to be there for her. Its just Jordan was never gonna be there. He got 12 years in the pen. And so, at the end of the next school year my little sister gave birth to a healthy Kyle Matthews. Luckily he looked more like Kiara.

I made sure i was there helping her with everything i could, buying things for the baby and keeping Gram on the shallow end. Now that i had graduated i could watch Kyle while she was in school and possibly while she was at work. She was getting ready to begin her senior year this month, and kyle was 4 months old.

During senior year, everything started getting different. Alonzo gave us more to sell and made our pay higher, a lot more people knew about us and hit us up, which was perfect.

During senior year, for some reason me and Angelique clicked more. Freshie became somewhat distant. Well, not Freshie anymore, she was now about to be a Junior.

Angelique and i got along so well and she was a great listener and could relate to everything. She was so great. She was the next closest to me other than Symphony and Calvin.

Speaking of, Calvin graduated too, wearing the latest Jordans with his cap and gown. So did Symphony and Angelique.

Angelique had texted me this morning asking to chill, and when she asked that meant i had to. Not really but i just never could say no to her. She was always such a sweet heart. And plus, Gram liked her a lot and loved when she came over. She made everyone happy.

Mona continuously hit me up trying to fake like she still wanted me or whatever. Most of the time i ignored her, sometimes i had to smash just to get her to shut up. Every year she got finer and finer, which made things so much easier.

Gram went out more often now since she realized there was a thing called church in the evening. Today was one of those days.

I stayed home watching Kyle while Kiara went and got school supplies from around the corner in my car. Gram had already left for church and dinner with some friends of hers.

As i was feeling the temperature of the milk i just stuck in the microwave, the doorbell rang.

"One second." i called. I sat the milk on the counter and opened the door. "Hey whats up." i smiled and hugged Angelique as she stood in the doorway. I shut it behind her and shook the milk and put it in the fridge.

"Awww is this your little brother?"

"Sure as hell seems like it. Nah, my nephew."

"How sweet. He has curly hair just like you." she said as Kyle grabbed her finger and laughed. She made faces at him.

"He's hungry. Don't let the gums fool you he will bite." i said and took his milk back out of the fridge, hoping it got cooler. It did.

I picked him up out of the little bed he had in the living room and fed him.

"You're so cute with babies oh my gosh." she said. I smirked. We began to catch up for hours.

Around 9pm Kyle was asleep.

"Follow me." i said quietly while holding him in my arms. She followed me upstairs to Kiara's room and i laid him in his crib, kissing him first. I turned on the walkee and sat it on the night stand next to him and took the other with me. I hadnt noticed Kiara had came in and she stood in the doorway.