Chapter 12

The whole next day it was like people weren't in need of anything on purpose. Calvin made about $150 and i made $200 but it still didn't make it and time was flying. It was already 8:38pm.

"I'll see you guys in the morning." Mom said, leaving out to work. She worked overnight, but i never really asked what it was that she did.

I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek as she headed out.

Yvette made something to eat successfully for once. It didn't look like lasagna but that's what she said it was. It was pretty good.

Around 9:15pm Calvin texted me saying he had an extra $30. Great. There was no way we'd make the last $420 in 45 minutes.

Time ticked on, 9:30 to 9:45 then at 9:59 my phone buzzed.

Lonz: i don't see you

Me: you won't. We don't have it.

I sighed.

Lonz: that's fine

I squinted at the text and locked my phone.

"Yvette I'm going to bed early." i mumbled as i left out of the kitchen. She watched as i walked away.

I had gotten consumed in thought while i laid in my room in the dark blasting music in my headphones. I thought about everyone; Gram, Kiara, Kyle, Symphony, Calvin, Angelique..everyone.

I haven't talked to Gram in so long. If she has tried to make contact with me i didn't know about it, but as far as i was concerned she was still upset with me. Kiara has texted me a little. Maybe once or twice every week or two over the past month. Maybe busy working and taking care of her son. Gosh i hoped they were okay.

Symphony had been acting somewhat odd after what happened with me and Angelique and with me and her. It was like there was something she wanted to say but couldn't, and it was just an invisible cow in the room whenever we were together or talked to each other and i didn't like it. I try to get her to open up every time we talk but she just says she's fine. I know she's not.

Over the past month, Calvin met this nice girl that he planned on moving in with sometime this month. Her name was Gina and she was normal too, unlike past girls he messed with. She was mid heightened​ for a girl, about 5'8 and on the slim side. She was mixed, but obviously more white from her appearance. Her eyes were a piercing green and her hair was silky and brown and reached right below her collar bone. He always brought her up no matter who he was talking to, and she admired him as well. I felt like they we're going to work.

As for me and Angelique, things were hazy. We'd talk a lot and vibe but the connection we had before wasn't there anymore. We tried and i could tell whenever we talked she wanted to be more than friends but seeing her with another guy really messed me up and killed everything i had for her. We still talked though, trying to see where things would go. Come to think about it, she had been acting a lot like Symphony has been. They both have my head messed up sometimes. I told them both they can talk to me and they claim they do but i know they are holding things back. I know them like the back of my hand.

Before realizing, i dozed off with music still blasting in my ears. I woke up to my music getting cut off and my ringtone blasting loud in my ears.