Chapter 2

"I'm not about to get yelled at by your grandma dude." Calvin said as my phone rang after school. I rolled my eyes at him and answered it.

"Heyyyy mom. What's up?"

"Where are you boy?" Gram said.

"I told you this morning i was gonna be with Calvin all afternoon hanging out."

"That's right. Forgive me. I want you home by 10, Kyjuan."

"Yes ma'am. I love you." I said as Calvin made kissy faces.

"I love you too child. Be safe. Bye."

"Alright." i said and pressed END and put my phone in my pocket. We stood by the trophy and award cases in the hallway as people left throughout the building. Calvin and I did hand shakes with some people going by here and there.

"You get any rings today Kee?" he asked.

"Yeah a couple. You?"

"Hell yeah. They said we gotta---"

"Calvin!" a female voice called. He glanced past me. He looked awkwardly.

I followed his gaze. He was looking at what i thought was his girlfriend Natalie. She was light skinned, skinny, had long curly hair, and silver eyes. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"Man she always gotta be so loud why cant sh---" i started.

"Hey baby!" She came over and wrapped her arms around him and they hugged. He gave me the 'save me' eyes. I chuckled and looked away. My phone buzzed and i checked it. Runs.

"So..are we still on this afternoon ?" she asked him.

"Uhhh tomorrow. I have stuff to do this afternoon." he said. She scoffed.

"You always blow me off!"

"Girl don't start this right now." he said.

"Don't start what? All i want is to spend time with you and hanging with your niggas is always more important than your girl!"

"Text me, ight?" he rolled his eyes. "Cmon." he said to me.

"Kyjuan! You're not gonna talk any sense into your boy?"

"Y'all relationship, y'all problem girl." I said as we walked toward the doors to leave.

We walked to my all black Camaro in the parking lot on the side of the school.

Him and Natalie always argued non stop. They've been "together" since freshman year, which would make this year the 3rd year. They've been on and off, even having sex with other people. I don't know what they have going on.

I started the car as Calvin checked the glove compartment. All of the drugs we needed for the runs were in there.

"So what, we doing these runs now?"

"Yeah, i know Alonzo is gonna hit us up today." i said and pulled out of the parking lot, on the way to make our runs.

I know you've been wondering. These "runs" are drug runs. Me and Calvin deal them, and nearly everybody in the town knows us and comes to us for weed, pills, and other things but it stays low key at the same time. Me personally, I've been dealing them since i was 14, when i became friends with Calvin. He introduced it to me and that's when i met Alonzo. Calvin already knew him and dealt for him before we met. Alonzo is the supplier, he's been giving me and Calvin, along with other people that sells for him, the drugs to sell and he gets 64% of what we bring in. Every amount of drugs he gives us he knows the exact amount we're supposed to bring in and we bring him the amount we're supposed to have every 2 weeks and we get a cut back from what we sold, then me and Calvin splits what we get back. Today is the end of the 2 weeks and after these runs we'll have about $2,500, after bringing to Alonzo we'll have $900 and about $450 each after we split the money. At 14, it seemed like pretty good money when all you have is a grandma working her ass off for her 2 grand kids. She doesn't know about us doing this. At 14 and 15, i pulled off the "oh I've been cutting lawns" and from 16 to now, 17, I've pulled "im off working at different restaurants around the town." She's religious, and her hearing about me would break her heart. Calvin too, Calvin is like my brother and a grand son to her.