Chapter 6: Why Me?!

dedicated to : VIRghoul

               I gasped and he took my hands and said,

          "I want you to join my pack. The whole pack needs you as their Luna and leader when this war starts... and plus your mom still has control of you if your still in her pack." I smiled and said ,

"Of course I will Max. Why wouldn't I?" He smiled and noticed he was still holding my hands. Max reluctantly let go if my hands and turned toward the pond. "I have something to tell you... because if I didn't right now you would just find out later. I'm the next ruler of the northern woods." Max stared at me shocked ad then I told him, "And your going to have to meet my family."

Max looked at me in shock. I averted my eyes from him and looked down at the ground. He took my chin and forced me to look into his eyes.

"Ok... I will try to meet your family but I meet be a little awkward. As you know I'm quiet and not that friendly. But I can. For you." I smiled at him and and said,

"Thank you Max. I didn't exactly expect you to say yes. Anyways My dads family wants to help us with Celestia. That said they never wanted my dad to marry her. Said she was a brat." I explained. Max started laughing and I smiled at him.

My phone started ringing and I hit ignore. A little later we walked back to the car. I buckled into the seatbelt and laid back. I slowly fell asleep from a night of secrets.

*************************************

            I woke up with a strong pair of arms wrapped around my body. I struggled to get out but relaxed when I realized the strong arms belonged to Max. He squeezed my waist tighter as I got up.

         "Nooooo." Max grumbled. I chuckled at got out if the bed. I walked downstairs and started preparing breakfast for Max and I. I started by getting the eggs out from the fridge. I next got out a pan and started making scrambled eggs.

         I took some bacon and put it on a different pan. After about fifteen minutes the food was ready and I woke up Max. He slowly walked down the stairs. I laughed hard when he skipped a few steps and tumbled down the stairs.

             I walked into the kitchen and got a few plates out. I served breakfast and Max and I sat down to eat. Everything was silent until Max spoke,

            "When are going down to the to the northern woods to meet your  dads family? I mean I'm not excited to be away from the pack."

          "We're leaving next week. And I know you excited to get away I can read  your mind remember."

          "Right..." I finished an put my dish in the sink. I took Max's plate from the table as he walked upstairs into the bedroom to get dressed. I finished cleaning the dishes and went upstairs to the bathroom.

           I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I walked out of the bathroom and went into my room. I opened my closet and picked out a out which consisted of a white crop top and black shorts (The outfits on the top picture.) .

         I walked out of my room and headed to Max's office. When I started hearing people yelling I backed away and went back to my room. I used my wolf hearing and listened in on him.
Max and the other guy were arguing and then Max got punched.

I stormed down the hallway and lightly knocked on Max's office door. He opened the door holding his arm. I walked inside and slapped the man across the face. Because I also felt the pain because of the mate bond. I walked over to Max and checked his face.

He had a small bruise forming on his cheek. I glared at the man and ran downstairs to get an ice pack for Max. I went back up to the office and gave Max the ice pack. I gave the man one last glare and walked out of Max's office.

I went back to my room to take a quick nap when I heard a lot of screams. I felt as scoop me up bridal style and start running. I held onto his neck as he ran. I looked up and saw Max and his alpha instincts kick in. He quickly shifted and beckoned for me to shift.

          I shifted into my red wolf with white paws. Max stared at me and beckoned for me to follow him. We ran toward the middle of the pack town and people were gathered in a group. I looked at Max and he pushed me behind him.

            We walked toward the group and  when they saw us the parted like the Red Sea. I looked down and saw a very bloody scene. A dead man was laying in the ground. I almost puked and my dad started rubbing my back and gave me some water.

          I drank it and saw Max was mind linking someone. I looked back at the body and wondered what type if bastard could do this. Who would kill an innocent man that did nothing? Right when I heard something I looked around . It came out if everyone's phones.

        "Wonderful. So you probably noticed that man lying on the ground. I told my men for it to not be so bloody. Oh and there's my sweet,sweet daughter Belliana Covinski. Every week when you don't forfeit this war I shall kill a member of your pack.

           "I will move up the ranks in the pack until I get to the beloved luna. My men will attack you until you have nothing left but torment. Oh and Damien I hope you like seeing your family next week." The image of the of my mother cleared and everyone looked at me.

         I felt dizzy and almost fainted. Max caught me and I slowly shut my eyes falling asleep wondering in how to protect my pack.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

             BELLO!! I really have nothing to say this authors note but you will get a HUGE pack on the back for 200 reads!! I remember I told you on how I wanted to get 1k reads by the end if the summer soooo... Make sure to vote, Comment and share this story so we can get this book out there!!! LOVE YOU MY LITTLE INKLINGS!!!