Not All Dreams Come True

It was dark. I had my knees pressed against my chest. The one thing that could be heard was my breathe and pounding heart beat. Sweat rolled down my face. It was dark.
A hand tapped my left shoulder and I jumped while looking behind me, but before I could see who it was, I had sat up in my bed, while screaming.
I dug my nails into the sheets because if I can't grip reality, I'll grip my bed. I couldn't hear anything, except for the haunting sounds of: 'They're going to get you, They're going to get you'
I was numb;
useless;
cold;
tired.
I was scared.
I fell back in my bed once my screams died down, once I lost my voice.
I was drowning.
Drowning in cold, deep water.
In guilt.
In anxiety.
In fear.
In depression.
I wanted this. I deserved this.
I tried to get to the top but it was no use. No air. No point in breathing. No point anymore.
"They're going to get you" I swam as much as I could but the more I moved, the more the iced cold water burned my skin. Icicles tore at my legs, blood mixed into the water. I choked in a panic on my own hot thick blood.

I woke up. Back in bed. The morning sun blinding me. I rolled over and was met by the calming eyes of her. She lightly kissed my nose and smiled. I stretched my arms out and pulled her close, taking in her fresh scent.

"I had a bad dream,"

"Not all dreams come true, I'm here now."