Chapter 10: Another Musical Rescue

HI!!!!!!!!!!!  SO THAT LAST CHAPTER IS NOT THE END!!! 

THIS ONE ISN'T EITHER!!!! ENJOY !!! 

SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT!!!!!!!!

VOLTRON SEASON 3 HAD ME BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Huntik Foundation HQ

Dante's room

A few days after Armino's death

Dante's POV

It had been four days since Armino's death, and two days since her funeral. I hadn't left my room since I buried her. And I hadn't eaten or slept since her death. I wish I could go back, and stop myself, but I can't. I covered my head with the blanket and cried for the millionth time. There was a small knock on my door before a shy voice called,

"Dante, I know you're in there," it was Zhalia. "I know you miss her, but she gave me a job to do. And I am going to do it. Whether you want me to or not. So I'm coming in." With that she walked in and to my side, rubbing my back soothingly.

"Hey," I croaked.

"Hay is for horses," she replied. "And food and sleep are for humans. Particularly little brothers who need it." I groaned into my pillow. I was embarrassing for my team to think of me as an immature little brother. (I have three. I know what I'm talking about.) She confirmed my fears by saying,

"I can imagine you with chubby cheeks, covered in band-aids..." She trailed off thinking. "You must have been so annoying. Armino said that you, how did she put it? He used to be a big troublemaker and he hated following rules. That sounds more like Lok or Den than you." She paused. "But people change." She paused again. "I'm going to get you some food, and when I come back I want to hear some baby Dante stories."

"Okay," I grunt out. I heard her get up and exit the room. I take the blanket off my head and sit up. I lean against the headboard and closed my eyes. I take a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself. Memories of childhood flood my brain, the time I got stuck in a tree, that time I got so sick I started to hallucinate, everyday miracles that happened, every time it had snowed, and in every single one had Armino in them. I never realized how important she was to me until she wasn't there anymore. How many times had I woken up expecting her to be there any then realize that she is dead. "You never know how much you have till it's gone." While I was thinking, there was another knock on my door. This time Liv walked in. She too looked like she hadn't slept or eaten in a few days.

"Hey, Liv," I weekly called. She just looked at me with bloodshot eyes and sat on the bed. She seemed to be mentally debating because it was a few moments before she said anything.

"I'm a terrible mother, aren't I."

"No," I said as soon as the words fell out of her mouth. "You aren't. Why would you think that."

"Because of what happened to Armino!" She screamed, tears springing up in her eyes. "If I had done the first time then she wouldn't have died. Then if I had shot that...That, then she would be alive." Tears were freely spilling down her face at this point.

"No Liv," I interrupted. "You are not a terrible mother. You didn't do anything wrong. I was the one who distracted her, so her being dead is my fault. This was not your fault, it's mine. May I also point out that she wanted you to a mother, both Den, and Harrison because she could think of no one better." I hugged my mom, while we cried. We cried till Zhalia came back with food. While I ate Liv and I took turns telling stories about stupid stuff I had done in my childhood. The list was long. There was the time I almost burned down the house because I tried to cook, then there was hand to hand combat lessons which always ended up with me on the ground in pain. While she was telling about the time Armino and I had five whole bags of marshmallows in one night and the effects when there was a knock on the door.