Chapter 3: Here We Go

"Mom, do you know where our canteens are?"

You shouted down to your mother from the second story window. She kept blankly staring at the laundry she was hanging to dry. You shouted again,

"Ma! Do you kno--"

You were cut off by your dad.

"They're in Denny's room." You sighed.

"Oh"

You told your brother of the news and he said he would grab them. You thanked them and headed off into your shared room to finish packing your stuff. Remembering one of the most importing things in your life, you dove under the bed. When you emerged, you had your notebook and pencils. You LOVED drawing, so bringing your materials was of utmost importance. Your brother was standing at the door, wearing the cap Denny gave him. You smiled at Gordie when he started to laugh at your now messed up hair.

"You better have some neat stories for the trip Gordo."

You smirked at your brother. He nodded,

"You know it, (Y/N)."

The two of you, now fully packed, bid farewell to your parents, who didn't pay any mind to the fact that their children are just walking off, and hit the road.

~Time Skip~

Reaching the corner of the street you were headed up, proved to be more eventful than you had originally had planned. A truck drove up to you and a familiar blond hopped out and thanked the driver.

"Hi Chris!" You yelled out.

"Hey (Y/N)! Hi Gordie!"

He replied, smiling kindly.

"Hey man."

Gordie replied looking down and not smiling. Chris put his arm around Gordie's shoulders.

"You alright man?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine!" Your brother said in return.

You stood there just waiting. As you walked behind the two boys, you started thinking. Some days you felt as if you were one of the guys, loved and part of the group. Other days you thought that they just pitied you and only allowed you to hang out with them because you were Gordie's sister. Without you noticing, hot tears started rolling down your face. Do I even mean anything to them? You thought. You were broken out of your trance by Chris yelling,

"You wanna see something cool?"

Gordie, of course, agreed right away and started questioning the blond as to what the "cool thing" was. They ran behind a building and you followed.

"Come on man! What is it?!?" Gordie finally shouted, getting fed up.

The boys came to a stop behind Blue Point Diner and Chris held up his sleeping bag. He reached inside of it and pulled out a freaking gun. You stood there shocked.

"You wanna be the Lone Ranger, or the Sisco Kid?" Chris joked.

Gordie was also clearly shocked.

"Walking talking Jesus, where'd you get this?" He questioned.

"Hawked it form my old man's burrow." The blond replied.