Chapter 8: "TRAIN!" Pt. 1

It seemed as if Chris and you had a new drive after your moment was cut short by the insistence of the others. It was no secret that you two continuously shot wanton looks at each other as you continued down the path. 

As the five of you ventured further into the unknown, Everyday by Buddy Holly on the radio, you felt yourself shifting closer and closer to said blond boy. The peaceful silence was nice, until you reached a bridge looking over a small body of water. 

Vern was the first to speak up, after looking behind him and slowly turning to the bridge, "Any of you guys know when the next train is due?"

He looked around at each of you, worry clear in his eyes.

Chris didn't answer, instead suggesting going another route. The route one-thirty-six bridge bridge was five miles down river, and Teddy didn't like the sound of that one bit. 

You nodded along to his points, further articulating his thoughts by adding, "Yeah! If you walk five miles there, you gotta walk five miles back!"

Teddy nodded, appreciative of your support. Vern, however, was less appreciative.

"Yeah, but what if a train comes? There's nowheres to go!" He reasoned. 

"Ya just jump" Teddy retorted. 

You hit him gently on the arm for his insensitive remark, "Teddy its a hundred feet!"

"It's alright, (Y/N). I'll protect you if anything happens" Teddy looked at you, reassuringly.

This helped nobody's nerves, as you had seen his recklessness much earlier on your trip. You had still not recovered from his "train-dodging" want.

"Yeah right, Teddy," Chris said, "Like you would be any help. What would you even do?"

This small argument went on between the two of them, Teddy claiming he'd break your fall, Chris reasoning that its water, how would that even work?

It stopped finally when you said, "Look, you guys can go around but I'm crossing here. While you lot are dragging your candy asses halfway across the state and back, I'll be waiting for you on the other side relaxing with my thoughts."

"You use your left hand or your right hand for that" Your brother joked.

"Gross, Gordie!" You exclaimed as this was the first time he had spoken up in a while.

Teddy scowled and stated, "She'd rather use Chris's hand."

You felt the blush grow on your face at his lewd comment. 

"Shove off, Teddy. At least she wants me!" Chris retorted. 

Your face felt as if it were on fire, your cheeks hot to the touch. You couldn't make eye contact with either of the boys but made sure to shoot your brother a subtle middle finger at his starting this discussion. 

"Alright, guys stop talking about (Y/N) that way and let's get moving" Gordie spoke up. 

You nodded and started to lead the group along the bridge, making sure to keep a safe distance from both blond boys. Keeping to your own had become a preferred pastime on this escapade of yours. It helped you sort out your feelings. As you replayed the conversation in your mind, you felt the blush reclaiming your cheeks, and ignored it as you pushed your glasses up. 

You were almost halfway across the bridge, now. Chris and Teddy taking up the front, Gordie around the middle, and Vern taking up the rear. You walked behind the boy who was crawling on the ground, so terrified he would be injured. 

hey guys! im here with another salty update. im sorry this chapter is so short. i promise ill try to write more soon! yall deserve only the best. more lovey dovey salty lipped chris baby in the future ;)

see you ladies and gents and other l8ter :))))))))))))))

-Emma, ur cool mum <3