Chapter 3: The Sun and Moon Combine

Clara and Gavin, even the Shadow Wolf were scared.

     "What are the 'Archers of the Shadow Castle'?" Clara asked.

     "They are hunters--from the Midnight Zone." Gavin said weakly.

     "The Midnight Zone?" Clara asked.

     "Not now! We need to run!" Gavin yelled. Clara chanted a spell that rids exhaustion. "Clara energi conua transfero!" A stream of light went from Clara and connected to Gavin. Clara felt a drain of power and watched as Gavin came up with strength.

     "We need to summon some weapons." Gavin said. He put a clenched hand down by his waist and a sword, about ten feet long, appeared out of nowhere. The sword was as dark as the dark half of the moon. The hilt was studded with black diamonds. and Gavin's eyes turned the color of onyx.

     "What do I do to summon MY weapon?" Clara asked.

     "Your weapon is probably a bow. Picture a bow in your hand, with a quiver on your back or waist, filled with arrows!" Gavin answered.

     Clara did as she was told and to her surprise it worked. She was folding a 10 foot longbow with sun carvings and a quiver with sun stream stitching filled with arrows as colorful as the sun. She felt a surge of power come racing through her. It was as if the power she gave to Gavin returned to her. her eyes turned the color of the sunset.

     "OK, now I'm officially weirded out!" Clara exclaimed.

     "It's OK! You'll get used to it." Gavin answered.

     Then the archers drew their bows, and a volley of arrows came raining through the sky. Gavin charged toward them and started hacking and slashing everything in sight. Clara drew her bow and started firing arrow after arrow after arrow.

     "There's no end to them!" Clara yelled to Gavin. She reached for another arrow. "I'm out of arrows!" she yelled.

     "Then summon your dagger. That's only used as a last resort or if your out of arrows!" Gavin yelled back.

     Clara concentrated on her dagger and it appeared in her hand. The hilt was studded with golden diamonds and the blade was curved. Then Clara's eyes went from sunset yellow to bloody fire red. She yelled and charged.

     Clara and Gavin fought back to back. They took care of the archers now they had to work on the swordsmen. Gavin turned his head to look at Clara, Clara did the same. Gavin nodded at her and she nodded back as if she knew what he had meant. They held hands and started chanting: "The warmth of the sun, and the chill of the moon, combine together, and to consume, we go on and fight, and fight for life, for if we die, we will do so, in the light of what's right!" A bright light surrounded them both.

     Inside the light, Gavin and Clara were being suited with battle armor. Gavin's armor was as black as onyx. He had a chestplate and leggings and boots as black as the night equipped, studded with onyx diamonds. His gauntlets were also studded with onyx diamonds. And his helmet was as bright as the moon with special fixtures. He was..... The Moonbender Titan! Clara's armor was as bright as the sun. She had a breastplate, leggings, and boots as beautiful as the sunrise. They were studded with garnet diamonds and so were the gauntlets. The final piece was the circlet. The middle diamond was onyx so were the diamonds on the left and right side of it. She was..... The Sun Priestess. The light faded and Clara was surprised.

     "How did we get in this armor?" she asked.

     "Whenever we go up and opponent that we encounter when our power is half gone we chant a little spell that upgrades us and doubles our strength." Gavin answered. "I'm the Titan your the Priestess." he continued.

     "OK. Let's kick some ass!" she called. They got rid of all of them in no time at all. They heard a noise that was much louder.

     "Oh no, we need to run!" Gavin said.