Chapter 6

Like Father Like Son

Chuuya was layed on his bed with his wet ginger hair pulled up in a high messy bun after his shower. He looked over at the clock next to his bed, it read 7:45 pm. He slowly sat up deciding to put on proper cloths. The small ginger walked to his closet to choose appropriate clothing to go out in and put it on, all his cloths were the same so there wasn't much of a decision to be made. He trotted down the stairs, his hair still in a bun bouncing with every step he took. The ginger stopped at a mirror next to the coat rack and took his hair down and positioned it how he normally would before he grabbed his hat and coat and put them on. He opened the door and breathed in the fresh afternoon air, a hint of salty ocean water mixed with the soft breeze. He faintly smiled as the cool wind brushed against his face. He began to walk towards the place he normally went to around this  time, the bar. He walked at a rather leisurely pace, he really enjoyed this time of day the sun setting of in the distance, the sky filled with oranges and pinks. Few people were out at this time in Yokohama so all you could hear were the waves in the distance, the birds flying overhead and a few people muttering quietly. It was quite peaceful, that's the exact reason the ginger liked this time of day. No disturbances almost as if you had headphones on playing an audio of an abandoned beach. He turned into the ally where the bar was hidden away and entered the door, the bell chiming as he walked in. No one was there like usual so it was peaceful, not as peaceful as out side of course. The bartender noticed Chuuya and slid a note towards him. Chuuya looked a bit perplexed by this notion but took the letter none the less. He hesitantly opened it and read it, a look of shock and betrayal spreading over his face as he did so.
  "Sorry but I won't be staying this afternoon" he stood up trying to keep a straight face as he walked towards the door, the paper clenched tightly in his fist. He quietly walked out of the bar and stopped in the doorway after he exited.
  "After all that has happened between us, why, why did it end up this way?" Tears threatened spill from Chuuya's sapphire orbs if he kept dwelling on that letter. He began sadly strolling towards the park Dazai had taken him too on their 'date' the brunette had called it. The ginger noticed an area he hadn't seen when he came with Dazai, there was an area with a tunnel made of cherry blossom trees. He walked towards it on the gravel path and began to walk under the trees. The sunset showed slightly through the branches of the trees that overstretched above him as if they were holding hands. The peddles of the trees slowly drifted towards the ground all around him carried by the wind. All you could hear surrounded by the trees were their leaves rustling in the wind, the tides nearby and a few kids in the park. He noticed a little kid sitting near a tree with his knees to his chest. Chuuya walked over and sat near him not facing him.
  "You know keeping your emotions in is bad, you can cry sometimes" the ginger said to the boy. The small boy turned around only to see Chuuya wasn't facing him, he sighed and turned around.
  "Those sound like they came from someone who is hurting on the inside, sir" the little boy responded. Chuuya chuckled a little noticing the boy had caught on.
  "Crying or leaning on someone for support doesn't make you any less of a man" Chuuya said to the boy with a little smile on his face. He enjoyed being the one to give advice rather than the one to receive the advice. He really did like helping people yet he was never able to help in the right ways with his occupation.
  "Why do you sound so upset when giving me advice?" The boy asked curiously. Chuuya laughed yet again making the boy turn again yet again to be greeted by Chuuya still not looking at him.
  "Because love is dangerous. A person can choose to accept it and lift you up to happiness, or they can use it then crush you to sadness." Chuuya said solemnly not entirely believing the boy would understand what he was explaining. The boy stood up and walked in front of Chuuya.
  "You know crying or leaning on someone doesn't make you any less of a man sir" the little boy said, Chuuya smiled at what he said. He knew the boy was right even though he was using Chuuya's words. The ginger smiled and stood up and looked at the boy with a slightly sad smile.
  "Thank you." Was all the ginger said before turning and leaving the tunnel to walk back home.
  He got home and opened the door to see Kouyou seated at the table sipping her tea. His fist tightened around the letter not really wanting to give it to her because she would say, I told you so. He took off his hat, coat and shoes and walked over to her and tossed the crumpled letter onto the table in front of her anyways. She opened it and glanced at it. A serious look plastered on her face, a hint of confusion too but she kept it well hidden.
  "We will talk about this in the morning at breakfast, you may go to bed Chuuya" she said calmly not looking at him as she said it, rather she took a sip of her tea finding it more important than her son almost. He nodded and turned to walk up the stairs. When he reached his room he closed the door and flopped down on his bed, he was too lazy at the moment to change into something to sleep in, or rather wasn't in the mood really. 'How could Dazai do such a thing like that this morning then turn around and do something like this afterwards' he thought sadly shoving his face into his pillow. He decided the boy from earlier was right, and he took his advise. The ginger boys porcelain cheeks became stained by tears yet again for the boy he thought he trusted, Dazai.

So sorry for the long wait for this chapter and then it being a filler 😂 it took me a bit after I came back from camp to get an idea to write so it took a bit longer. Yet here it is and i hope you enjoyed it and I hope you are enjoying this book so far! We hit 100 views today and that makes me really happy but sorry for this long A/N I will go now!
-Chibi