Chapter 1: Welcome. Hopefully You Won't Die

My head whipped up. "What was that?" I whispered. "Waitaminute. A horrible chill goes down your spine," "I didn't hear anything," Winter said. I was still searching the blackness behind us. "Violet, it's nothing." She then turned back and swung her tungsten hammer again. A shattering glass sound echoed through the cavern, soon followed by a blood-curdling scream. "Screams echo around you," I whispered."What are you mining?" I asked sternly. Winter smiled. "Only Crimson Hearts." she held one out for me to see. The red lump pulsed. I shivered and turned away. Another shatter sounded. "WINTER! DON'T HIT ANOTHER!" She did anyway. A deathly roar echoed throughout the cave. "Brain of Cthulu has awoken!" My throat screamed. My hands drew my minishark and my heavy murusama. Winter was confused, "How the hell do you know everything about the Brain of Cthulu? What kind of books do you read?!" My oddly colored eyes looked at my sister. "Books we need to read in order to survive." Welcome to the crazy-ass life of Eagle.

My name is Violet and I'm 21 years of age. My nickname is Eagle. I got that nickname from my friends and sister because they say that I am a predator and I prey upon monsters. My sister, Winter, is 21 years as well. My armor consists of a Necro helmet, a meteorite chest plate, work boots, and jeans. My favorite weapons are the minishark, heavy murusama, starfury, and blade of grass. I consider myself a badass chick who tries to kill every monster that crosses her path. Winter's armor consists of a ninja helmet, a meteorite chest plate, sneakers, and jeans. Her favorite weapons are the bee gun, minishark, starfury, beekeeper, and blade of grass. She is kind of timid, and even though she is two minutes older, she waits for my word to do anything, although sometimes hard headed. But almost everything will change when we finally get into Hardmode. Where do we live? We live in the beautiful yet dangerous world of Terraria. Hardmode is what comes after beating the dreaded Wall of Flesh.

"Winter! What are you doing? Draw your sword or bee gun or something!" I screamed. Winter fumbled through her inventory. "I didn't pack my weapons! What?!" She is so dead when we get home. I sank to my attack stance as a giant brain floated to where we were. Eyeballs, or creepers, swarmed around the pink mass. I swung my sword and slaughtered most of them, but they respawned in an instant. "Winter, just stay back. I have it." As I jumped to another ledge, I slashed as fast as I could at the disgusting organ. I missed the ledge, and my topaz hook shot out to grab it. I zipped to the ledge and slashed at the brain. The monstrosity lost part of its skin, revealing a heart with an eye, and teeth holding the yellow-eyed heart in place. "It's in its second form!" I called to Winter. The pink monster charged me, but I pounced over it, but at the same time, I slashed at it with my Blade of Grass. This repeated until the boss was killed.

"Winter! Let's go!" I climbed the Crimtane walls until I was at the entrance to the cave. Winter crawled up behind me. "Ok. So we're good! Let's go home then! Adam will want to hear about our progress today, and then we have to talk to Xon too." Adam is our guide. He helps us decide what we do next, and Xon is our Goblin Tinkerer. He reforges weapons to be either better or worse. (I really hate it when he makes them worse!) Welcome to Terraria. It's gonna get confusing.