Chapter 7: Just Me, My Sister, and a Whole Lot of Mushrooms

I woke up in Adam's house the next morning. I closed my eyes for a little and opened them again. 'What the hell happened last night?' I sighed. Adam really did like me. I blushed at the fact. He was still asleep in the chair, and I decided to go back to my own house. I left a note and a present on his bed and slipped out the door. I closed the door to my house as quietly as I could. Winter still wound up waking up. "Violet?" She asked drowsily. I cringed. "Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you." I whispered. She turned in her sheets. "Where were you?" I walked over to her bed and sat down. I smiled. "I accidentally fell asleep at Adam's place last night, and I didn't want to wake him or you." Winter smiled, "Well, you did, but I was going to get up anyway."

"I was wondering where you went." Adam startled me. I whipped around to see him standing in the doorway. "Adam!" Winter and I squealed. I facepalmed and Winter got up. I smiled and went to my chest."There's an underground biome that has glowing mushrooms. We need those mushroom grass seeds in order to attract the Truffle." I said. I pulled my hammer and pickaxe and put those into my inventory."There's also a place called the Hallow. It has unicorns and pixies, but they are NOT nice. You have to go underground in there and you'll probably find it." Winter handed me my Night's Edge as I smiled at Adam."We can also get souls of light from creatures in there." Winter added. I stood up and closed the chest."Winter? Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded. I looked at Adam again. "Alright. Well, we'll see each other later." "Yep!" Winter and I agreed. I went to the door and opened it. The sun was bright and warm.

Blue grass sparkled in the morning sun when we arrived at the Hallow. A rainbow arched across the blue sky, and neon colored trees grew from the enchanted soil. I walked to a cave entrance. "Look out for the pixie," Winter called. I swung my sword and the pixie dissolved into pixie dust and sparkles. "Let's go!" I said. I jumped into the cave and darkness swallowed me whole. I landed in pink water. "Winter! Look at this place!" I sighed in awe. Crystals of blue purple and pink grew from everything. I touched one. It was warm. A pink being was watching us but I ignored it. It teleported in front of us, and I screamed. "AagaingiIn!!!" I screamed. "Use your sword! Use your gosh darn sword! I really don't feel like dying!" Winter screamed.

The glowing blue that shone up and refracted in the crystals almost blinded me. "Alright. Here we are. Let's go. Maybe we can take a few mushrooms back up with us." I noted. Winter smiled. "Well. Let's go! We need the truffle. Hurry up!" I stuck my tongue out at her and collected the seeds. "Anything else we need?" Winter looked around. "Truffle worm." She said quietly. Her net was in her hands and she was looking at my feet. "Gotcha!!!" She cried in triumph. The glowing blue worm wriggled in the net. "Isn't that what we need to summon Duke Fishron?" I asked. "Yep!" Winter smiled. I nodded and she put it in her inventory. I eye rolled and pulled out my magic mirror. "We're not going after him just yet." I warned her. She smiled goofily and pulled her mirror too. A flash of blue-white light and we were home.