Chapter 4: Terrified at First, But Love Fixed All

Please listen to https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5wF-E9D8Y

*Adam's POV*

I returned to my house, the potion in hand. The black liquid looked unappetizing as I pulled the cork. My hands shook as I drank the potion, my love for Violet, driving me to do so. I put the glass bottle down on my wooden table and walked to the door. The light of the torches lit up a little of the grass when I opened it. I had to be strong, but how could I be if I was about to die? I sighed as my friends began to emerge from their houses to wish the young heroes luck, and to say their goodbyes to me. I saw Violet and Winter standing at the mouth of the cave. Tears stung my eyes as Violet followed her sister into the cave. I closed the door and sat down on my bed, waiting for death to come.

*Winter's POV*

I looked behind me to see Adam standing in the doorway to his house. His eyes were glossy with tears. My brown eyes turned to see my sister's face. Her eyes were red from crying so much. I clutched the voodoo doll in my pocket, thinking, 'Why couldn't it be me that's the sacrifice?' I jumped into the cave as Violet stood behind. I felt unhelpful. What would happen if he didn't come back? I had to be strong for Violet for once in my life. I had to be the slightly older sibling for once. I didn't look forward to it. I plunged into darkness as we grew further and further away from the mouth of the cave.

*Normal POV*

My feet hit the Hellstone soil as we entered the Underworld. Winter landed next to me. "Here....." Winter said. She handed me a voodoo doll. The limp burlap doll looked at me with blank button eyes. 'Oh, Adam. I hope that potion works....' I thought longingly. "You ready Winter?" I asked. Winter nodded. I threw the doll into the lava. My eyes flooded, but the tears disappeared as a roar hurt my ears. The wall appeared and I fumbled with my weapons. Fear gripped my mind and heart as I shot my Minishark. "Let's go, Violet!! We can do this! Adam would want this!" Winter yelled at me. I flinched, But yelled back, "Yeah! Don't get distracted!" I screamed as Hungries and leeches attacked me and my sister.

Swords slashed and guns shot. I kept thinking of what Adam would want me to do. The life of the Wall deceased to ¾, then ½, then ¼, until finally, "All the ancient spirits of light and dark have been released!" I squealed happily as the Wall of Flesh died. We collected the drops and I pulled out my magic mirror. 'We did it Adam.... We beat the Wall. Please tell me you'll come back.' I thought as we teleported home.

Sigh. I was lying on my bed thinking of Adam. I wished he was there. I still couldn't believe that he loved me back.'Violet! Violet!' I could hear him calling me. I sighed.'Violet!!! Viiiiioooooollllleeeetttt!!'Waitaminute. The familiar voice sounded too real. "Adam? Adam!?" I cried. My feet hit the deck as soon as I jumped from my bed. "Adam!?" I swung the palm wood door open and stood on my 2nd-floor deck. Winter flew from her bed to the doorway, looking over my shoulder. "Right there! I see him! I see him!!" I squealed. Adam's familiar face lit up when I jumped from my deck. "Violet! It worked! Violet!" He started to run to us. Winter yelled to the rest of the tenants of the houses. "Guys! Adam's back! He's back!!!!" Tyrone, the Arms Dealer was out his door first. "Where? Where is he?" Tyrone cried. Hattie, Xon, Sebastian, Galaxia, Morton, Philosir the Dye Trader, Li'wa the Witch Doctor, Izzy the Angler, Dolbere the Demolitionist, Bambi the Party Girl, and Lola the Hairstylist ran out their doors to their decks, to see Adam and I together. "Violet!!" Adam cried. I jumped off the hill, and he caught me in a tight hug. My armored arms wrapped around his neck as I laughed and cried at the same time. "It worked!! It worked!!" I squealed. He let me go, but the pulled me in and kissed me again. "You did it! You're in Hardmode!" He cried. I smiled and tackled him. We walked to the houses, his arm around my shoulder, as the sun began to rise above the trees.

I went to my house. As I opened the door quietly, I looked back to see Adam smiling and closing the door behind him. I smiled and closed the door. Dreams met me halfway to my pillow, and I passed out with my sword still in my hand.