Chapter 9: The First Full Moon

The night came swiftly and darker than usual. I sat on my deck, running through the things that happened today. Rosy came, killed Adam, he came back not as a guide, Tyrone told us a little bit about the Twins and Seth the guide came and told us more about the twins. Wow. I laughed softly as I shook my head. So many good things, and I feel like Winter isn't included. "I need to make tomorrow the best day ever for Winter. Oooh!!! Wait! I think she's a little sad that Tyrone isn't like Adam, so maybe, there's a way to make him come back as an Adventurer." I whispered to myself.

"So waitaminute. You're asking me if I want to become an Adventurer, right?" Tyrone asked. I nodded."You don't have to if you don't want to." I reasoned. Tyrone thought for a few minutes. "Eh. What the hell. I'll do it." he concluded. I smiled, "Ok, imma go talk to Seth about a potion or something to make you an Adventurer and I'll be right back." I whipped around, "Ok, found the door!" I fumbled. I smiled again and ran out the door.

"This is not an easy thing to craft you know." Seth reasoned. I squared my shoulders. "Doesn't matter. What matters right now is that I make my sister happy." Seth shrugged. "Ok. Well, you need to get a greater healing potion, marigold, frog, one topaz, and an acorn." "Done!!" I smiled. I thanked him and ran back to my house. I made sure not to wake Winter up. I crafted a potion and got it to Tyrone in a blink of an eye. "Well, see ya on the other side." Tyrone smiled. I nodded and left for home. I took my time, but I decided to skip my house and go to the lake.

Aworoooooooooooo!!! I looked up from the silver reflection in the water. "Must be a timber wolf," I said to myself. I thought I heard someone calling me, but I shook my head. "Violet!!!" I could've sworn I heard Winter calling to me. A low snarl sounded in my ear, "Arrgh!" I groaned as a sharp, stinging pain slashed through my stomach. I looked at my attacker. A werewolf. I thought they weren't real! It disappeared as a familiar face appeared. "...w..Winter?" I mumbled. Adam ran up as my vision blurred. I looked at my hand, blood covered it like a red glove. I needed severe help, and fast. "Ok ok. Winter run home and get Hattie awake now. I'll get Violet there myself. You run faster than me. Go and hurry!" Adam tried to hide his anxiousness, but even blurred vision couldn't hide it.

I flew in and out of consciousness as Adam tried to pick me up without hurting me. A stinging sensation shot through me as I was lifted off the ground. "Sorry, Violet." He whispered. He carried me bridal style back home. I heard the hum of a drill, breaking through a wall, in order for Adam to get me to Hattie's. I heard my friends mumbling as we rushed to her house. "Werewolf attack. Deep cuts Shouldn't be fatal. Hopefully aren't. Need gauze. Hold on Violet, this is going to sting." I heard her list nervously as I kept my eyes closed. Rubbing alcohol was placed on my cuts, and I flinched and groaned in major pain. Adam held my hand the entire time. I drifted into sleep, and Adam didn't let go.

*Adam's POV*

I sat there for three days, waiting for her to wake up. I almost gave up on her, until, "...Ad..Adam?" She groaned. I kneeled down next to the bed. "Oh my gosh Violet. Never go out there on a full moon without armor again please." I pleaded. Her turquoise eyes sparkled with the luster like before. I smiled. "I was afraid that I'd never be able to see those eyes ever again." I sighed. Winter closed the door to Hattie's place quietly. "Violet!! I'd give you a hug, but...pain." She gestured to the thick bandages as Violet smiled weakly. "We're just happy you're still alive." Winter smiled and relief spread across her face.