🐳Whale Dude🐳

When the sun has risen to its highest point and shone through the water brightly, Ludwig called a break. They had made good time, swimming maybe ten miles before Veneziano and Alfred started complaining. Ludwig was fed up with their whining and thought a break would do them good. Kumijirou and Alfred had swam off to explore, but Alfred had taken some coffee with him so who knew what was going to happen.

"Veneziano! Ludwig! Dude! Check it out, I made friends with the whales!" Alfred cried as he raced towards where Ludwig and Veneziano sat with their supplies.

"Ve~ Alfred what do you mean? How do you become friends with whales?" Veneziano seemed puzzled as he and Ludwig turned to face the excitable merling.

"It's not that hard! All it takes is coffee!" Alfred said, smiling at the shocked look on their faces, "HAHAHAHAHA, you guys look so suprised, BAAAHAHAHAH!!!! But anyways, I want you to meet Whale Dude!"

Sure enough, floating behind the merling was a gray whale ten times Alfred's size.

"Um, Alfred, vhere did you find that?" Ludwig asked.

"I was exploring the area around here and found him swimming nearby. He had a fish hook stuck in his fin and it looked really painful, so I tried to help him out, but I couldn't pull it out all the way. Do you think you could get it Ludwig?"

"Um, ja, I suppose." Ludwig and Veneziano stood and swam to where the two were floating. "Vhere is it?"

Alfred took the whale's right front fin and lifted it best he could. "Right there on the tip of the fin."

Ludwig nodded and reached to grab the hook, but the whale flapped his fin, knocking over Alfred and squealing in Whale. Alfred got back up from his spot on the ground and swam to face the whale, giving it a hug, as he responded back, "Uuuuuaaaaaaahhhhhhh Hhhhheeeeeeeeee, Tttssk, Uuuuaaannnnnnnnnn uauauauauauuuu."

Uuuuuuuuuueeeeeee.

"Alfred, what did you just tell that big gray thing?" Veneziano asked, hiding behind Ludwig.

"Oh, I told him that you guys are friends and going to help get that fish hook out. He said go ahead." Alfred said, still hugging the whale best he could with his little arms.

Ludwig only sighed, "Vell, this is a first." before reaching out to take the fin the whale was offering. "Stand back, Veneziano." The other merman did as he was told, zooming back to their stuff, observing from a distance. Ludwig grabbed the hook, and pulled it out quickly, almost like a bandaid. The whale squealed and shook itself as it came out, but calmed down as Alfred talked to it slowly. Ludwig swam back to Veneziano and set the hook down by their stuff. Alfred continued to chat with the whale, content.

Ludwig sat with his back against the bedrolls with Veneziano and watched the two new friends play a game of tag. "Honestly, how does coffee give you the ability to speak whale?" He wondered out loud.

---------------------------

"Arthur, are we any closer?"

"No, you bloody twat, and stop asking."

Arthur and Francis swam side by side, following the floating orb that was tracking Alfred. "He must be moving further north, but it doesn't make any sense why." Arthur wondered aloud.

"How do you know?" Francis asked

Arthur closed his eyes and concentrated on the spell, measuring the distance between them and Alfred. "Because he is the same distance away from us as when we started. So, he must be moving in the same direction we're going, north. I can only wonder why."

Francis shrugged as his shell phone rang. "Hold up, Arthur." The two stopped and floated as Francis pulled the phone out of his pocket.

"Bonjour."