Pandora's Box.

If cardboard boxes could tell stories, the one sitting in the middle of Mollie Holden's living room had quite the tale to tell. It wasn't all that large or that old but it sure did hold a lot of history.

The history of Mollie and Sid.

"What do you mean by, it's us?" Sidney asked as he reached over half crawling his way to Mollie on his knees to peer inside the box.

One look at all of the picture frames, hockey pucks, t-shirts, jerseys, and ticket stubs he knew what she meant. Everything staring back at him was a bit dusty, some things broken, but all was full of nostalgia.

"The day I finally came home after it all happened, I went on a rampage and threw everything that reminded me of you into this box." Mollie's voice pulled Sidney from his trance as his finger twirled a hockey puck around reading the white tape wrapped around it. "Vancouver 2010" was what it read and Sid knew it was the puck he'd given her from the Olympics.

He sat back still holding onto the puck, "Can we go through it?"

She nodded and reached in pulling out the first picture frame one with cracked glass, careful not to cut herself Mollie brushed off the thin layer of dust. "Holy throwback," she turned the frame to show Sid the photo inside.

He smiled snatching the frame from her hand, "This was such a good Christmas."

"It was, your mom was so happy to have you home." Sidney nodded in remembrance running his thumb over the cracked glass. The photo inside the frame was one of he and Mollie standing in the middle of a tree farm the year they had gone to his home country of Canada for the holidays. Thanks to the NHL's lockout in 2012 the two were able to spend a rare Christmas with Sid's family.

It was their second official Christmas as a couple and they were incredibly happy just being together. Mollie was nearing the end of medical school, and although the league was a mess Sidney was doing all that he could as a player and an advocate for the sport to get back to playing professional hockey.

They were young, dumb, and in love.

In the photo the snow was coming down softly, the trees were glistening white and Sidney had Mollie slung over his shoulder like she was the best tree of the bunch. They were bundled up in scarves and boots but the warmest part of the photo were the smiles on their faces. "You were so excited to cut down your own tree. Until you got sap on your favorite boots."

Molly rolled her eyes, "Those boots were never the same, smelled like pine for months."

Sid's mom, Trina had taken the photo while Taylor and Troy laughed beside her and part of Mollie wondered if the woman still had her copy displayed somewhere in their Nova Scotia home.

Sidney's laugh brought her back as he laid the frame down on the white rug that covered the dark hardwood floors. Sidney took a sip of his water as he waited for Mollie to pull out the next item slowly she rummaged through the box. When her hand remerged this time it was a handful of hockey pucks, each with a piece of white tape around the edge with Sidney's chicken scratch scrawled on them. "I can't believe you kept all of these."

"Well, some guy just kept giving them to me. So I figured they would be worth something someday." Mollie winked tossing a puck his way and leaned back against the couch. When he caught the puck Sidney turned the black circle in his hands, "Stanley Cup Final - 2009" was written around the edge.

Mollie watched as Sidney turned the puck around in his hands time after time holding her glass of wine tight in her hand. This night had just gotten incredibly weird.

"Even better than that puck is this picture," Sidney's voice joked and Mollie turned her head back toward the man who was showing her a surprisingly unbroken frame. One look and the memories of that night came flooding back. From the final seconds of the game, to watching Sidney hold the Stanley Cup above his head for the first time, and the fateful moment when he picked Mollie up off the carpet by the waist and skated her around the rink.