Chapter 9

Sorry about this chapter, it accidentally got deleted. Here is the revised version.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, the day of the talent show has arrived. Everyone was really excited for this day. Ruby, Abagail, Yolanda, Emily, and I were also very excited. Everyone was still very nervousness even though most if the people practiced so hard.

We saw so many kids with their parents. Friends and family. All gathered here. Today. At this school. For this talent show. They were all wishing us the best of luck.

Everyone started changing into their costumes. I saw that the group named "Sparkle" was at the end of the list. That was us. Emily and I. We had to make this spectacular since we were going to end the talent show.

I heard the speakers suddenly burst with sound and music and I knew the talent show had started. There were singers, dancers, comedians, magician, and all sorts of other people doing all sorts of other things.

It was finally our turn after a few hours, literally. Emily and I walked to the side of the stage nervously. The announcer walked on stage and said, "Last but not least, we have our wonderful group Sparkle! Here to perform to us today Let It Go By: Indina Menzel!"

Emily and I slowly walked on stage to the pace of the music, our transparent, blue, glitter-filled, capes dragging behind us on the floor. I started of the song:

Hope: Snow glows white on a mountain tonight,

Not a footprint to be seen.

Emily: A kingdom of isolation,

And it looks like, I'm the queen.

Hope: The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside,

Emily: Couldn't keep it in,

Heaven knows I've tryed...

At the end of the song when we sang the last words, the curtains quickly closed to hide us from the audience. Emily and I could hear them roaring with applause. Some people were screaming. Some people were whistling. We have never gotten so many applauses before. It was an amazing feeling.

When they announced the winners Emily and I were both shocked. We were the winning team. "Sparkle" was the winning team. Emily and I were just sitting there in shock. All these years we actually won for once.

We walked up to the stage with ou blue dresses trailing behind us. Everyone was cheering when got our passes. But through all the clapping and cheering and whistling, Emily and I caught sight of somebody waving to us, but we didn't know who it was because that person got burried through the audience.

Everyone congratulated us. But there was still one thing on me and Emily's mind. Who could that person have been? Who was waving to us when we were getting our awards?