New Girl In Town

RECENT EDIT: So I abandoned this oneshot because it was absolutely horrible, and I didn't want to finish it some time ago. I'll publish it here so you can enjoy this horrible piece of writing as I still don't have any ideas for a proper oneshot I actually want to finish. If you have any ideas or scenarios, feel free to comment as I could really use them right now.

EVEN MORE RECENT EDIT FRICK: I WAS MOTIVATED TO FINISH THIS ALL OF A SUDDEN WOO EEEEEEEE!

ALSO, GimmeThoseCheerios, I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANNA READ A FINISHED VERSION OF THIS SO LMAO HERE, HAVE A TAG.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A bright, hot sun was casting down its rays of heat upon a small town known as none other than Salem. The inhabitants of the town were busy doing their own daily needs, some panting a little from the blazing heat. The calm and scenic spring had long gone, and in came the scorching summer and dried up flowers, craving for the rain water that rarely came. 

In midst of all this heat and the business of the town, was a woman with blonde, short hair tucked under a white cloth bonnet and wearing a black dress, walking down a street. Some of the townsfolk watched her as she did so, wondering whom the new person in town was. Ever since the news of the death of an innocent member of the town by accusation of a now dead sheriff, people have rarely decided to settle in Salem. In the beginning days of the trials, people believed that they were safe in the hands of the law, that all the killers and the Mafia would be brought to justice. But the lynching had proved otherwise, scaring away possible new settlers of the fear of being wrongly accused of a crime they have never done. 

The woman was named Mary Warren*, and she was a newcomer in Salem. She had heard about the infamous witch trials, as it had spread like wildfire to many other nearby towns quite quickly when a redheaded family of eight had moved into the town of Plymouth, saying that witchcraft had killed one of their sons. 

Mary had never wanted to move in to Salem in the first place. She had actually enjoyed her life at Plymouth; all her friends and family were there, she had a stable reputation with her neighbors and fellow town members, and she even had a fine paying job as a baker in Aunt Josephine's Baked Goods. But unfortunately, recent events had forced her to move out of Salem. 

Mary Warren was only twelve when she started writing her current fate. She had just returned home from school, clutching her school book tightly with a smile on her face. When she finally arrived, she was expecting her mother and father to be in having tea. 

What she saw was a lot more depressing and scary than that.

>> RANDOM GORE WARNING AND REFERENCES OF SATANISM?? WARNING. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF NOT COMFORTABLE WITH SUCH, PLEASE MOVE ALONG TO NEXT ONESHOT. <<

A shrill scream escaped her mouth the moment she had opened the door. In front of her was the horrific scene of her two dead parents, laying down on the floor with evident leftover stabs in their chest from a sharp blade of a knife. Blood was pooling around the dead bodies, signs of pentagrams painted out of spilled blood on the floors surrounding them. With this alarming image stuck in her head, that was the day Mary Warren began slowly losing her sanity.

Her scream had attracted one of her neighbors who was nicknamed Old Man Jenkins, to come down the lane and over to her to find out what in the name of tarnation was going on. 

"Say, Ms Warren, what's gotten into you? I could hear your scream from all the way down the lane! Keep it down a little, will you?" he asked and demanded the girl at the same time, wagging a scolding finger at her.