17.

"IT'S OVER"

The four wizards and the muggle walked out of the subaway station as they had to say goodbye to Jacob. They were standing right before the rain.

Jacob safely not getting wet as he gulped seeing the rain about to walk forward but Quennie grabbed the back of his suit.

"Hey" Jacob chuckled sadly, looking back at her "This is for the best. Yeah, I was... I was never even supposed to be here" his voice started to break. Queenie silently started to cry "I was never supposed to know any of this" he sniffled nodding. Kenna bit her lip, blinking back her tears. Even if she didn't interacted much with Jacob, she could tell he was a great and understanding person. Jacob pointed at Newt "Everybody knows Newt only kept me round because..." he trailed off, stopping abruptly. Newt looked up at him in silent sadness "Hey. Newt, why did you keep me around?"

"Because I like you" Newt answered without hesitation, smiling at the muggle "Because you're my friend. And I'll never forget how you helped me, Jacob"

Jacob seemed very emotional, his voice breaking "Oh... "

Quennie walked to Jacob, smiling gently "Hey, I'll come with you" they both chuckled breathlessly. Her voice raised a little, emotional "We'll go somewhere. We'll go anywhere" Jacob laughed weakly "See, I ain't never gonna find anyone like you"

Kenna looked away from their little scene, finding that was something between them and felt that she couldn't witness it.

She instead looked at Newt, knowing she had a lot to explain, if she knew the magizoologist well he'll ask about how she had been able to survive that long. She herself had no idea. But she was glad. She was glad she had been given the opportunity to study in Hogwarts. Glad her favorite professor had been there every step of the way helping her blend with the other students. Helping her handle all the school years specially when he easily figured why she was quiet and fearful of her magic

Professor Dumbledore helped her. Helped her not be afraid. Helped her realize releasing her magic wasn't bad every once in a while with simple tasks. He helped her keep calm and not get overwhelmed. She owed him a lot. She probably owed him her life.

Newt sensed her gaze and looked back at her, smiling reassuringly slightly awkward like always and she couldn't help but smile looking away remembering each lesson he taught her. The way he would expect her to pick up a creature or simply start a conversation. It was very awkward at first when neither of them talked until the hour. If it weren't for Newt starting their conversations, they would have never talked cause Kenna wasn't one to strike up a conversation by herself. Everyone in her house knew it and that's why they never talked to her, except for her only friend. Lucy. She never minded her quiet personality.

"I gotta go" Jacob's cracking voice snapped Kenna from going memory lane, looking up at him as he was about to go

"Jacob..." Kenna called out, worriedly.

Jacob smiled gently at the Brits "It's okay. It's okay" he reassured, sighing deeply "It's just like waking up, right?" He smiled slightly.

The witches and the wizard smiled with him, knowing it was time to go.

Jacob slowly backed away, toward the rain, closing his eyes as the rain completely drenched him wet.

Newt had tears on his eyes and silently sniffled as his friend was going to forget him.

Kenna placed a hand on his shoulder, sympathetically. 

Queenie walked forward, putting up her wand, creating an invisible umbrella, covering her and Jacob from the rain as she kissed him deeply.

Once Jacob opened his eyes, the wizards were gone and everything that had happened the last 24 hours were obliviated from his mind.

~8~

It was time to go.

Kenna and Newt had no longer anything else to do in New York... Well, Newt had been told to leave his case out of New York and he couldn't leave it anywhere so he had to return to London.

As of Kenna..... Her investigation she had been working on for years was now finished. She caught Gellart Grindelwald.

Some would say it was time for her to rest but no. Crime never rested and she was needed to find another dark wizard. The crime life was never quiet and she knew it very well.

Both Tina and Quennie had walked them to aboard their ship back to London.

While Newt said goodbye to Tina, Quennie was saying goodbye to Kenna. The woman had around her neck a blue with bronce scarf, proud of her house's colors. 

Queenie hugged the woman, sighing softly "Be careful out there, Kenna"

Queenie smiled, brushing a strand of Kenna's dark hair behind her ear.

Kenna chuckled, nodding "Of course" 

Quennie shook her head, "I don't mean only for when you're out there working. I mean all the time. I may not understand very well your thoughts but I have a very vague image on what you mean. You're not alone. You have friends. You can relay on them" she told her softly, glancing back at her sister and Newt, specifically at Newt "He worries. He can be there for you when you need it"

Kenna glanced at Newt before quickly look away when he looked at their direction as if sensing their gazes. A slight pink tint was on her cheeks as she looked back at Queenie, who had a knowing look on her face, smiling softly.

"Y-yes. I'll keep that in mind" Kenna murmured, chuckling under her breath, getting another bone crushing hug  "Ow. I'll miss you too, Goldstein" 

Once they pulled away, the first horn of the ship blared and knew there was just a matter of time before the ship sailed.

Kenna smiled at Quennie one more time and walked to Tina as Quennie walked to Newt

"So, you have your job back?" Kenna tried to be the first to start a conversation.

Tina chuckled breathlessly.  "Yes. If it weren't for you and Newt saying those nice things to Picquery, I wouldn't have returned to being an Auror again" she smiled at Kenna "Thank you"

"It's alright" Kenna waved a hand, "She needed a little talk back from being rude"

"I'm gonna miss you too" Tina told her honestly.

Kenna sighed softly "Me too"

The last horn beeped. Kenna gave Tina one more smile as she walked to the ship. Newt keeping her pace easily and they boarded the ship

"Ready to go home..." Newt looked at Kenna slightly surprised as she was the first in talking but he still smiled.

"Ready... " Newt murmured in agreement.

"I can not wait to see Professor Dumbledore again" Kenna continued talking

Newt smiled "Neither do I. He's a great professor..."

"He's my favorite Transfiguration professor" Kenna told him "I'm sure he'll be a great Headmaster one day"

"We can agree on something then" Newt smiled

And that's how both continued their journey back to America. Talking and enjoying their company as when they were in Hogwarts.