6.

"YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT"

Kenna hadn't been more terrified by seeing so many eyes on her before. Her sorting on her first day at Hogwarts didn't count as she hadn't seen anyone because of the Hat covering her eyes.

She looked down at her hand being squeezed by Newt's and her muscles relaxed slightly.

"Scamander? Page?" A voice chimed from somewhere the crowd.

Newt had been leaning down closing up his case and looked up with a sheepish look.

Kenna rubbed her arm, awkwardly.

"Oh.. Hello, Minister" They greeted awkwardly, nodding curtly towards their minister.

Kenna's eyes scanned the crowd in slight fear, inhaling sharply as to calm herself down.

"Theseus Scamander?" A black skinned wizard on the crowd questioned "The war hero?"

The Minister shook his head "No, this is his little brother" he corrected. "And what are you doing in New York?"

Kenna stayed quiet as to not attract attention to herself as to what she was doing on a case with a supposal criminal.

"I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskin, sir" Newt excused himself.

Kenna glanced at him skeptical. She wouldn't believe that and neither the Minister, it seemed

"Right.." The Minister drawled out "What are you really doing here?" He repeated, this time he glanced at Kenna making her wish she could be swallowed by the ground. Newt didn't answer right away so the Minister focused on his Auror "Ms Page? I was hoping you'll be the one outside this case and not inside it..." Kenna smiled uneasily rubbing her arm uncomfortably "What a disappointment"

Kenna looked down in shame.

Newt looked at her sympathetically.

Madam Picquery peered up at Jacob, crossing her wrists in front of her questioning the American Witch "Goldstein, who is this?"

Kenna glanced at Tina

"This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President" Tina answered, her voice faltering at the end. "He's a No-Maj who got bitten by one of Mr. Scamander's creatures"

Ghe wizards around them became alarmed, murmuring about having a muggle and things like 'Obliviate him'

"Merlin's beard" Newt murmured in shock looking up he scanned the murmuring crowd. He glanced at his side.

Kenna had frozen at the sight when she looked up at the ceiling following Newt's gaze. Her eyes widened in shock as she covered her mouth.

There was the magical suspended body of a deceased muggle

There was the magical suspended body of a deceased muggle. Kenna looked at a familiar marking all over his body and managed to hold back a gasp.

"Do you know which of your creatures was responsible, Mr Scamander?" A witch on the crowd asked noticing it got the attention of the Magizoologist.

Newt examined the body closer. A tug on his coat made him look behind him, Kenna was looking at him with a pointed look, he could see her eyes glimmering as he looked up at the body.

"No creature did this" Kenna spoke up from behind him when he made no sign of answering. "Don't pretend" she added sharply surprising some people who knew the woman wasn't someone to speak up in crowded places.

Newt looked back at her to see her looking up at the deceased muggle and he slowly nodded in agreement "You must know what that was" Be paused, pointing at the body. "Look at the marks" He glanced at Kenna who didn't react, her hands were clenched on her side and he slowly looked up at the others "That was an Obscurus"

Kenna tensed, her lip trembling as she averted her gaze, falling to Mr Graves who had been staring at her.

Graves as soon as Scamander and Page had noticed the body had looked at the witch, having prior noticed her behavior and knowing something odd in her. The witch knowing gje cause of death hadn't been from a creature set him at the edge of his seat in excitement. The last reaction he got from her was all he needed to figure her out.

Murmures and hushed whispers broke around the crowd of witches and wizards as soon as Newt announced what had caused the death

"You go too far, Mr Scamander" Picquery said sharply, making Kenna look up at her "There's no obscurial in America"

If only they knew.

Madam Picquery pursed her lips angrily ordering Newt's case to be confiscated by Mr. Graves.

Kenna gasped about to walk forward but a look of the Minister stopped her.

She wasn't supposed to aid criminals.

"No! G-Give that back-" Newt began crying out struggling to pull out his want but got drowned up by Picquery ordering the arrest. Graves easily subdued Newt forcing him, Tina and Jacob to their knees with a restraining spell

Kenna looked up desperate to her Minister. Madam Picquery turned to her glancing at him. The Minister of London just looked away with a sigh. Picquery nodded her head and Kenna's legs were forced magically to her knees on the ground as she got restrained as well. Her hands behind her back as chains tied her hands up.

She had to close her eyes and force herself to remember there wasn't any danger and wouldn't get hurt but Newt crying out for his creatures that they weren't dangerous wasn't doing any good.

"Don't hurt those creatures!" Newt cried out in pain "There is nothing dangerous in there! Nothing!"

"We'll be the judges of that" Picquery told them, not even in the slightest affected by the pleading crying. "Take them to the cells"

The four of them got dragged away, Newt all the time crying out for his creatures. Kenna all the time quiet but inside her there was a fight in her for not let her magic get out of control. Tears stained her face as she gazed the floor as an Auror pushed her forward as Newt continued yelling.

"Please! Please don't my creatures! They are not dangerous! Please, they are not dangerous!"

~8~

Kenna wondered how long will it take before her control would be broken. She indeed managed to control herself when she was out there being arrested painfully but glancing down at her hand seeing the dark matter forcing its way out from her fingers and then painfully retreating it back causing bleeding scratches at her skin made her realize it would be just a matter of time. She made her hand a fist and hugged her knees to her chest as she sat in a corner on the cold cell they all were placed at.

There were a lot of outcomes for their sentence and for each second passing through the list was getting darker and darker. MACUSA was going to obliviate Jacob, that was for sure.

But for them? What exactly expected them outside this cell?