Chapter One: The Proposal

Flashback...

"You can do it, sweetheart!"

"N-no! I can't!"

It was towards midnight, and Slappy and I were in the park, and he was trying to teach me how to fly in my vampire form.

"Come on, Shelly! Jump off the building!" the puppet called up to me.

"But...what if I fall?" I questioned.

"You will not 'cause I will catch you!" He held out his arms.

"O-okay."

I took a step towards the edge of the building, my knees wobbling and my whole body shaking. I closed my eyes and leaped off the building.

"I am not going to fly," I kept telling myself. "I am not going to make it."

I then heard Slappy calling up to me again. "You are doing it, Shelly! You are flying!"

"Huh?" I must've heard him wrong.

"My girl is flying!"

Apparently not.

I slowly opened my eyes. I gasped when I noticed I was not even close to the ground. My wings were spreading into the air.

I was so happy. So excited.

I was flying. I was actually flying.

"Ow!" I suddenly hit the wall of the building hard and started to fall, but Slappy quickly ran over to me and caught me in his arms.

He carefully brushed my hair away from my face. "Are you okay?" he asked. He had a worried look on his face.

I started to tear up. I was so frustrated.

I failed...again.

I buried my face in his jacket as I burst into tears.

"Shh," Slappy said as he rubbed my back and comforted me. "You will get the hang of it. I promise."

I shook my head. "I just cannot do it."

"Yes, you can."

"No, I can't!"

End of Flashback.

I was deep in thought when Slappy came in.

"Hey," he said to me, blushing.

"Oh, hey there, Slappy," I replied. I noticed that both of his hands were behind his back. "Are you hiding something from me?" I asked, smiling.

The puppet shrugged. "Maybe." My eyes widen, and I gasped as he got down on one knee and held out a diamond ring to me. The ring was so beautiful. So gorgeous.

"Shelly Madison," Slappy began. "Will you marry me?"