Chapter 4

At lunch, we all gathered around on the ground in front of the cafeteria like usual, most people ate inside, so there was a lot less noise. I sat next to Gerard, who sat next to Mikey. Mikey sat next to Bob, and Ray was in between Bob & I. 

Gerard took the sandwich he had bought from the lunch line and split it in twos, handing one side to me, noticing I wasn't eating.

"No, I'm not hungry." I declined, but he was persistent, "You're eating, Frank." He demanded.
 I sighed and took my half, while he smiled down at me. 

"Did you guys hear about Brendon?" Bob laughed after everyone looked up from me and Gerard. Oh great, I thought. Bob gossiped like a 13 year old girl, and was always involving himself in rumors and other things that wouldn't matter next week.

"The video thing?" Mikey questioned, "People were talking about it, but I don't know what it's all about,"

Bob chuckled a bit more, and proceeded "Apparently, Carson got a video of the queer and Ryan behind the gym, doing some stuff,"

I gritted my teeth to that word. I hated it. It was so unnecessary to use, but Bob was just that hateful. 

"Is that why he didn't come to school today?" Ray budded in, "I didn't see him in first."

"The faggot probably stayed home, he knew what was coming." 

Gerard moved around uncomfortably, and started fidgeting with his pants a bit. I could tell he was uneasy by the choice of Bob's words. I was too, and Ray seemed just as unsettled as the rest of us. 
I liked Brendon, I always thought of him as a decent guy. So did everyone else in our group, and occasionally he'd sit with us during lunch or talk to us during class. Brendon was pretty known throughout the school, he was friends with everyone and was always joking around and making people laugh. He didn't deserved to be called those things or to be put down. He was a good guy, who cares if he loves someone who's the same sex as him?

I spaced out for a majority of their conversation about the topic, until Bob started making  remarks about how Brendon & Ryan probably have diseases and such. "Anyways, Frank." Bob finally decided to stop, "Do you have the homework for Math?" 

I looked up to Gerard seeing the nervousness in his face, then to Ray & Mikey whose faces read 'Thank god, he's shutting up'. And me? I was pissed. 

"Maybe, Bob. If you weren't so busy in other people's personal lives and worried about who sleeps in whose bed, maybe you'd be able to get your work done." I stated in a cold tone, getting up and brushing my pants off before walking off, "Just a thought though."

As I walked away, I didn't know where I was going, but I did know that Gerard got up to follow me. 
I stopped as we got to the courtyard, "Are you okay?" I asked Gerard before turning around, "You seemed upset," He nodded, and returned the question. "Yes, I'm good; Just pissy," I reassured him. 

"Are you sure?" he furrowed his, obviously maintained, eyebrows at me. "Yes, Gerard. I promise." I almost giggled back. He smiled, and pulled me into a comforting hug. These were one of the things I loved about Gerard, he was always making sure I was okay. He was always giving me hugs when I was upset and he didn't know what to do, or merely because he wanted to. 

I let go as the bell rang, and Gerard brushed my hair out of my eyes, "Get to class, stank ass."