Time-Skip In Chapter 1?

I am Memna Uzumaki : I was not the hero

My story is begins in my youth : My story ends where it began

"Monster" hissed the elderly.

"Don't go near those boys, they are trouble!" a mother spat.

A buzz began to come into earshot.

"Hey you, get out of here!" yelled a store clerk.

"Why did you come here, you pest!" Another joins in.

"He has always been a loser" hissed a 'friend'.

The buzzing got louder.

"Everyone says they are bad news..." a boy whispered to his friends.

"Once a failure, always a failure! You can't change that!" roared a panicked boy.

"You were right to fear them." a voice hissed.

"I'll make sure you join your family" promised a citizen.

The buzzing became piercing.

"Die already"
"Demon! Monster!"
"I want to devour you right here..." howled the demon locked away.

Then the buzzing stopped.

"You'll be okay Menma, I'll protect you even while you're asleep!"

My eyes snapped open. I was being shaken by warm hands. This shadow loomed above me wiping my brow of sweat. "Took ya long enough, come on we gotta get home." Naruto chimed softly. I began to get up but felt a sharp pain in my legs and left arm. I struggled only to have Naruto lay me back down and inspect these parts of my body. "Dang that sand must've done some damage on you, we will have to see a doctor about this. Maybe... maybe they can help you when we get home." Naruto hoisted my limp body and whisked me in bridal, as I grunted and tried to move he secured me still. "They won't help us demons..." I retort through clenched teeth. He looked toward the sky at the sun, ignoring my plea to follow the lights path.

At the time we were both 13. 

After the last battle with Gaara of the Sand I was dragged back home. Naruto had already.. mostly healed from his wounds but mine are barely clotted. Maybe he was playing it cool because he needed to show me strength but I could see he was struggling. At the last battle Naruto turned Gaara into a dear friend. Showing the red head boy what true friendship was, we three suffered the same pain and I guess Blondie had to show him that he wasn't alone. I always thought I'd be the one to save Naruto, instead he saved everyone. He always did, whether I realized it or not.

Reports arrived when Kakashi Sensei found us returning from the battle, mentioning the large brown fox some believed they saw. Kakashi did confirm that spies were captured within Kohona, from the Sound Village, led by Orochimaru. I hate snakes. But all that mattered at the time was Naruto leaping through trees to get me home.

I was rushed through a forest, leaping between tree branches. Suddenly the main gates came into view, flew open and head to the hospital. Now dashing from roof to roof, he began his decent to the hospital entrance. After countless doctors and medic-nin avoided his gaze, he shifted the gaze into a glare. Naruto began howled telling every doctor there to save me. I had a poison in my bloodstream and my chakra was slowly depleting, all in an attempt to fight off my infection.

"Naruto, I can sleep this off..." I whined next him

"Menma. Shut up." Naruto hissed through his now prominent fangs, his whiskers on edge. He screamed and howled for another minute before a woman entered the main doors, she was tall with blonde hair, gentle hands, and a green robe. She walked up to Naruto, looked him in the eye, and scooped me from his grasp. Immediately walking toward the large double doors initially baring Naruto and I from the medical wings.

My body felt hot, welling up inside like I was going to explode. Moving any joint was a struggle and my breathing became unsteady. Slowly my world became darker as a ferocious blonde beast dragged medics, nurses, and anyone he could find into an almost empty room. I felt my body slowly seize and finally I gave into the pain. Letting loose, I drifted into the warmth of sleep...

-----------------

It took a week for me to regain consciousness. Once I woke up I found out some surprising news by a note left on a table next to my bed.

Dear Menma,
I'm sorry you had to find out like this, but I needed to get stronger. I need to be able to save you and the village. Not only the village but my friends too! To be the Hokage I have to grow. I love you nee-san and when I return, you better be stronger too. No matter what's inside us, we can overcome it! BELIEVE IT! No matter what anyone says, we aren't monsters, we aren't demons, we kids but when I come back I'll be a man, and you better grow up too. We are gonna learn to control this beast inside of us, and we will be the strongest damn shinobi this land has ever seen!
Naruto Uzumaki

That was the last time I heard from him. Struggling to read his handwriting left my eyes in pain. Maybe it was the slight sting of tears... He left with Jiraiya, or Pervy Sage as Naruto called him, a few days before I woke up. I felt a lump inside me after learning the news but I knew I had to get stronger too. When I was finally released from the hospital and I went to an old friend to look for help. Granny Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage, who was always generous to me. Though she chose to train Sakura, one of my teammates from Team 7, she allowed me to join the ANBU Black Ops. There I formulated my dream to become the leader of this shadowy group, I would protect everyone just like my brother. While he would be the light, I would be his shadow. Naruto would lead as Hokage, I would guard him until he surpassed me. Just as all things should be. Together we could reshape this world.

If only I knew what he was up to now...

---------------

Somewhere in the Land of Fire, a young boy and his mentor flee a swarm of female ninja...

"PERVY SAGE WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DRAG ME INTOOOOOOO!"

"NARUTO, MY BOY, WHY DID YOU RUIN MY RESEARCH?!"

"SHUT YOUR TRAP YOU OLD TOAD, IF WE DONT SURVIVE THIS IT WILL BE YOUR ASS APOLOGIZING TO TSUNADE!"