0.5

Dropping my eyeliner, I ran down the stairs to see what the commotion was. When I got to the fourier, Higuchi was standing between an angry Akutagawa and a holier-than-thou Tachihara. Rashomon was poised and ready to kill our fellow mafia member.

"Akutagawa!" I shouted.

"Ah! The Red Queen, how's the lady of the hour?" Tachihara looked over Akutagawa's shoulder at me. "Sorry about the confusion. It seems that Chuuya didn't tell you guys that he couldn't make it tonight. Mori has him doing something else."

"That's quite alright, Tachihara." I put a hand on Akutagawa's shoulder. Rashomon retreated and I moved the two of us to let the guests come in. "I'm just finishing up my makeup. Be good." I glared at the two males.

"As you wish, Queen."

"Michizou." I warned without breaking my stride. "I can't physically restrain, Akutagawa."

An awkward silence fell over our guests as I went back upstairs to finish my eye makeup.

Tachihara and Higuchi had one of Port Mafia's limos with them. During the car ride there, I wouldn't shut up about everyone I wanted them to meet.

The hotel was the nicest one in the area. My eyes widened as I childishly went off ahead of my partners. The inside reminded me of a castle with its low lighting and tapestries on the walls. Everything in there looked more expensive than me.

"Aliceina!" Akutagawa called out to me.

"Too slow!" I shouted blissfully while spinning on my heel. As I tried to continue forward, I came to a sudden stop when my butt hit the carpeted floor.

"Haven't changed a bit, have you Alice?" A familiar voice stated.

I grabbed the hand in front of me. "Heh, sorry Marcus." I looked the red haired man over. "I almost didn't recognize you actually wearing a shirt." I sent him a playful smirk. Waving everyone over I said, "Guys this is my old neighbor, Marcus. He lived next to me when I live in America for like what," I looked back at Marcus, "four months?"

"Something like that." Marcus shrugged.

Shaking my head excitedly I introduced everyone. "Marcus, this is my boyfriend Akutagawa. And these are my friends: Higuchi and Tachihara."

Everyone said their greetings and shook hands. Marcus actually kissed the back of Higuchi's hand as a greeting, but I think she'd rather forget that happened by the look on her face. Marcus lead us into the ballroom where the party was located and I introduced everyone to the people I recognized. Tachihara had one or two drinks at the bar before joining the three of us at our table for dinner.

"Aku, we should dance!" I leaned against his shoulder happily after we all finished eating.

"Or," Akutagawa kept his voice low, "I could just make it up to you later?" He tried. "I'll owe you a dance on the balcony?"

Letting out a small sigh, I nodded. "Hey, Higuchi wanna dance?" I suggested.

The blonde perked up with a slight blush across her face. "A-are you sure, Aliceina?" I could see her fidget.

"Of course!" I stood and pulled her up. "We have things to discuss anyway." I turned my head towards the boys as I began to walk away with her, "Don't kill each other."

"Don't torture Higuchi." Akutagawa muttered back.

I wrapped one arm around Higuchi's waist and held one of her hands in my own. She hesitantly rested her other hand on my shoulder and allowed me to sway her all over the dance floor as a piano played in the background.

"So, Higuchi first I have to ask: can I call you Chi-chan? Or would that just totally be weird to you? Or do you have a nickname you prefer?"

Her brown eyes widened with shock, "Where is this coming from?"

I chuckled as I twirled her. "I have a nickname for most members. I just wasn't sure if you'd accept one. I want to not act petty with you anymore. There's you, me, Kouyou, Gin, and Elise for female members." I shrugged, "I don't really talk to Kouyou. Gin doesn't talk much in general and Elise isn't exactly someone I would consider a friend. I just want to say sorry for acting petty and possessive over Akutagawa." I dipped her. "Forgive and forget?" I asked while smiling down at Higuchi.

"O-oh." She stared up at me with round eyes. "That sounds... nice."

Pulling her back up, I said, "Cool. Glad we had this dance."

"Excuse me ladies, my I steal Aliceina for a dance?" Marcus asked.

"Of course! You don't mind right, Chi-chan?"

"No, not at all." Higuchi hurried off of the dance floor and most likely just headed back to our table.

"So, how have you been?" I asked as our waltz began. "Actually, how did you get in invited? I thought this was for people from my father's company."

Marcus twirled me around the dance floor skillfully. "Well, actually I'm working for the guy that took over the company after..." He trailed, "Well, you know." Marcus chuckled awkwardly. "But, I think you should come back to the company. You are the heir after all."

"Oh, I can't really leave my job here. It's basically a contract for the rest of my life."

"I know all about The Hatter, Alice." Marcus smirked. "Newest commander of the subgroup Black Lizard in the Port Mafia."

I tried to pull away, but he kept a tight grip on me. "Marcus what are you doing? You obviously want to die if you know what the Mafia is capable of. If you know so much about me you should know that I'm dating a Port Mafia executive and he's right over there."

"Oh I know." He pulled me closer to himself. "And call me Twain. That's what most people call me now."