1.8

I pointed up to the sky. Red, blue, and yellow auras could be seen clashing with each other. "They're fighting. That's why I'm going back. I'm the reason that you guys are here. I have to be the reason you leave." My body remained rigid even when Mark released me.

Mentally I cringed at every spark of their auras I saw. However, my body never once flinched.

"You know, you said something about beginning set up earlier. Mark stated after a while. "What were you talking about?"

"Akutagawa knew this was going to happen. Mori told him that this is what my fate was." My gaze was still up at the sky. "I don't know how they did it, but the Mafia used me as bait. They never wanted me there. I'm too much trouble for everyone..." I sighed. "That's even what happened with dad." My eyes looked up to the cloudy sky.

"Oh! That must be what this is." Mark held up a microchip. He chuckled. "Do you know you set off those metal detectors with that thing?"

I grabbed it. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Francis told me this was a tracker- like the kind they put in dogs. Except this one is a lot bigger. It actually sends out a signal."

I furrowed my brow, "Where was this?"

"In your left hand."

I looked at the stitches on my hands. The ones on my left were different from the ones on my right. "The Doc put a tracker in my hand..."

"That doesn't make any sense..." I thought as I looked up at the auras clashing with each other in the sky. Fitz's yellow one was the most dominant one. "If they wanted to have The Guild leave Yokohama because they have me, there's no need to track me."

"...trust Port Mafia. I don't care what The Guild or even The Agency tells you, you belong here." Akutagawa's words flowed back into my head. "I promise you we'll both be here. You're my kitten." A tear pricked at my eye. I began to pace with a limp. Muttering the phrase, "I need to go," over and over again, the tears began falling from my face.

Mark tried to grab onto me and calm me down, but I pushed him away.

"Alice, it'll be alright." Mark offered.

I whipped around. My head was shaking frantically back and forth. I stopped shaking my head and took a half a step closer to Mark then took a step back. "No..." My voice shook. I turned into a cat and back into a human just to sit down without having to mess with my knee. "He's going to die. It's going to be my fault. Just like father I should have listened..." I kept my voice low.

A dramatic gasp left Louisa's mouth. "The Moby Dick!" She pointed with a shaky hand.

The enormous ship was falling out of the sky; headed straight for Yokohama.

My eye widened, but there was nothing in my power that I could do. The tears stopped and time seemed to slow. I stood with my hand over my heart. My eyes scanned the Guild members I was with. Steinbeck had crutches like me. Steinbeck threw his crutches down to the ground. Roots came up and wrapped all the way up to his thigh.

Mark stood as well, "I'm going back to finish my biography." He stretched a little bit."Are you going back to your family, John?"

"No." He looked out to the sea were Moby Dick was actually rising back into the sky. "There's some unfinished business I have with the guild."

"You're not going to-"

"I am."

"What about you, Louisa?" Mark asked.

"I'm going to look for lord Francis." Her eyes gleamed with determination. "I just know he's not dead." She clenched her closed fist to her chest.

"I-"

"The contract is fulfilled."

A low voice from the alley made me jump slightly. John lit up.

"Oh Lovecraft, you made it." John smiled at the tall man with long, dark blue hair. "What are you going to do now?"

He paused at the edge of the dock and looked back with lifeless eyes. "I sleep." With that he jumped into the water.

"Who even is that?" Mark gawked at the spot where Lovecraft disappeared.

"Does it even matter?" Steinbeck chuckled. "He's one of my few friends."

Steinbeck and Louisa said their goodbyes to Mark and I. They went off on their own ways as the Moby Dick exploded and began its descent back to the water. Tears began to stream down my face, but I couldn't bring myself to made a sound. The sea wind blew through my hair making it go everywhere. The only thing I did was shake my head. I choked on the lump in my throat and fell to my knees.

"He can't die!" I shouted. The sobbing began and I spoke in broken sentences in English and Japanese. "I need to apologize. Don't you dare take him from me yet!"

The only color up in the sky was the orange glow of the fiery ship that was making its descent. Mark grabbed onto me to keep me from walking or turning into the Hatter. I turned and cried onto Mark's bare chest.

"I love him." I whimpered. "I was wrong. I was so wrong. Fitz manipulated me and now I have to go to England..." I slammed my fist on Mark's shoulder. "It's my fault he's dead now. I should have listened..."

Mark just caressed my head and let me throw my fit.

This isn't edited. - Jasper