Twelve - Mayor Rosewood

My eyes flutter open and I sit up rubbing my tired eyes. My hand feels slightly wet then I realize it's from the tears I wept. I take a deep breath and get up from bed. I do my usual morning routine of: taking a shower, putting on clothes, eating, then applying makeup and doing my hair. I decided to do something a little different today.

Once I'm finished I'm ready to go to back to school

Once I'm finished I'm ready to go to back to school. It's going to be hell considering last night's events my eyes are stinging like crazy. I walk through those doors and then straight to my locker. "Ariana what's up. Are you okay?" A familiar voice is heard and I turn to Amy approaching me. She then leans on the locker, "Heard what happened last night."

"I'm fine." I lie as I'm getting books out of my locker.

"Well your eyes state otherwise. Were you crying?" Her head tilts a little to get a view of my face.

"Maybe. It's complicated." I sigh closing my locker.

"Um-" Amy digs through her bag and pulls out her hand, "Here. This will help." A bottle of eye drops is visible. "Are you gonna go to the Mayor's announcement today after school?"

"Yeah. Why?" I take the bottle from her hand and slide it in my pocket.

"You wanna come with Xavier and I? We might get takeout after."

"Chinese?" I ask/suggest because I've been craving it.

"Definitely." Amy smiles

"Then for sure I'm going. Is everyone going?"

"It's a small town, everyone needs to hear an announcement from the Mayor." Amy and I walk into class, we take our seats and I see Mr. Clark look up at us and back into his desk. "Man that teacher needs to seriously leave before someone fucks him. It'll probably be me."

Amy is nasty sometimes but I don't mind, "I guess."

"Wait." Amy leans in, "So what happened last night?" She whispers and I shake my head.

"It's a long story. Maybe I'll tell you at lunch." Amy nods her head and the bell rings. I look around to see most of the class ready.

Mr. Clark raises his voice, "Alright class get ready to open your books and copy the agen-"

"Wait Mr. Clark." A boy turns around from his seat to face me. "What happened yesterday with new girl Ariana?" A few murmurs of agreement occur and everyone faces me.

"You can do this another time. She probably doesn't wanna talk. Right Ariana?" I nod akwardly. Faces turn back and the class resumes.

///

"Ariana. I'm just making sure if you're feeling alright. Are you?" The class has ended and I was walking out before Mr. Clark stopped me.