15

-EDITED-

(Y/n) Ackerman

Levi had ordered my squad and I to work on body identification on the battle ground of Trost. I walked around and saw many people I didn't recognize. 'I haven't seen anyone else other than Emma. Thank goodness everyone's o-'

I turned my head and my eyes widened. Jean was holding a Corps close to him, stainh his uniform with blood. I walked towards him and got a good look of the body. It was missing its left side and had a grim expression on its lifeless face.

"M-Marco's dead.." Jean sobbed as he continued to clutch onto the body. Something wasn't right. Marco's not dead! He was one of the best! He's not dead..

Tears filled my (e/c) eyes as I continued to stare at them. How? Did anyone see? How did he...die? Jean took out a small pocket knife and cut out Marco's bloody trainee patch. He let go of the corps and clutched onto the patch. He mumbled a quite 'let's go' and walked away.

Marco's not dead...

-

I stood behind a building watching the fire crackle. Ashes flew over the cadets thay stood near it. I could see Connie curled up in a ball crying, and Jean who had his his hand balled up in a fist. He said something to his friends that I couldn't hear, but their faces looked scared and shocked.

Jean huddled over and clutched onto his hand. His cries could be heard from all around the court yard. I looked away from the scene and wiped my eyes. He can't be dead.

"(Y/n), let's get going." I turned my head to see Suzuha and the rest of my squad, who looked at me sadly. I simply nodded and walked away with them with my head down.

We made it back to base. The scouts were starting to move back into their assigned rooms. We apparently had a new cadet with us. Titan shifter. Suzuha said that he was in the Mess Hall with Hanji talking about her experiments. He told me I should go introduce myself but I declined. I wasn't in the mood. I needed some time to think about everything.

I walked into my room where someone had moved in a new bed. I must be getting a roommate. I quickly showered and changed into comfortable clothes. I walked towards my desk and pulled out a notepad I used to work on experiments with Hanji. I grabbed a pencil and opened up to a new page.

Alright, think. His face structure, eyes, smile, freckles... I analyzed my drawing and tore the paper out. Wrong wrong wrong. I felt tears brim my eyes as I tried again. Face, eyes, smile, freckles. I groaned and tore up another page. Face eyes smile freckles. Face eyes smile freckles. Face eyes smile freck-

The tip of my pencil broke from how hard I was pressing it on the paper. I let out a choked sob as I looked at the drawing. Half of his face was finished perfectly, the rest was smudged with tears and eraser shavings.

I covered my mouth and shut my eyes. Images of Marco continued coming back to me. How? How did he die? Is he really dead? Damnit (y/n) shut up! He's dead and he's not coming back.

He's not coming back...

Levi Ackerman

I looked at the paper work Erwin had given me earlier. This outa keep me up for a while. I walked by (y/n)'s room and found her door open. I peeked inside her room and found her sleeping on her desk with a piece of paper clutched in her hand. I shrugged off my jacket and walked towards her.

"(Y/n). Go to bed." I said. She let out a small groan and buried her head in her arms. I sighed and placed my jacket over her shoulders. I kissed her head and walked out.

She must be going through a lot. If only she followed the advice I gave her. I sighed and softly shut her door. I turned around and saw Petra standing a few feet away from me.

"Captain Levi? Can I ask you something?" She said. I walked a little closer to her and gestured her to continue.

"Why don't you ever smile like your sister? What happened in your past?"

//

Ok starters, sorry for not uploading earlier I've been on some sort of writers block, but I felt guilty so here's a short somewhat filler chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you everyone for reading my story! Lots of love !!

-a/n