Chapter 7 (Filler Chapter)

Chapter 7

Matt P.O.V.

A hot breath lingered on the back of my neck, moist and threatening. I was frozen in my place, the smell of decay surrounding me and making me want to gag. “Now then…” My capturer snickered harshly and purposefully making me flinch, “Wouldn’t Myheel be mad that you’re out this late?” He seemed amused as he pronounced Mihael’s name wrong- and his voice, so damn familiar I could almost taste his name on the tip of my tongue. I tried glancing at his face over my shoulder but he growled. “Don’t look at me.” He sounded pretty amused even though he had growled, as if terrifying me was fun. “I don’t think you’d want to see me.”

“Stop scaring him, BB.” A girl’s voice ordered unimpressed as she walked forward in my line of view. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, blood splattered on her clothing and as she swiped a free strand off of her face and began spinning it around her finger, it left a blood trail. Realizing it was Ash, I yanked away from the guy and grinned at her.

“What the hell took you so long?” I asked calmly, glancing over my shoulder and narrowing my eyes at BB who was grinning. A blood red colour lined his lips and I grimaced at it. “The fuck did you do?”

“Language…” He murmured with a twisted smirk before shrugging. “No one attacks a member of our group and gets away with it.”

I froze at his words and folded my arms, sighing. “You didn’t kill him, did you?”

The silent night crashed over us again, the only sound being our breathing and the lonesome crickets. They went silent suddenly, as if they had been trampled on. “O-Of course not, Matt! Why the hell would I kill him? You really don’t know me well enough.” He replied after a couple of awkward minutes, laughing slightly and looking at Ash. Beyond’s voice became more serious at his next statement. “At least, I would’ve killed him if it wasn’t for the death glare she kept giving me. I have a feeling she wanted to kill him herself.”

I sighed at his words and moved my backpack a bit so it was properly over my shoulder. “Bull. She’s not sadistic like you, Backup.” Informatively I spoke, with a grin playing on my lips, “Don’t forget that.”

BB flinched at the old nickname Whammy’s had given him, before he scoffed and started to walk towards the vehicle. It was then that I noticed the rope in his hand that was being clenched tightly and trailing behind him. “Hey, where’d that-“ I began as I turned towards the direction it went in, just to have BB stop me with a cruel smirk. He stopped walking, along with Ash.

“Dog, he wants to see you.” He cackled quietly and yanked the rope as harshly as he could. Out of the jet black night a figure flew through the air, obviously caught off by the pull, and crashed down beside him. Within the darkness I couldn’t tell who it was, never mind what condition it was in. But I was aware of the stench drifting from it, the stench of blood.

Devour.

No, carrier! I hissed to it in my mind, feeling the ice cold fear of harming someone stab within my blood, We don’t eat people!

What…we’? The irritation and pure instinct that lived within its tone made a dark twisted feeling build up in my stomach that I assumed was a new fear- a fear that it would use me to kill. I looked down upon the hump that I could barely make out in the darkness despite the luminous moon, and paused.

“Justin…?” His name came out as a question, but the hump just laughed. Justin never reacted to his name, his infectious laughter becoming irritating quickly. BB growled at the laughter and glared at the hump. And just like that, it was silenced. “What the hell did you do to him?” I asked curiously, my eyes pinning the serial killer to the spot. He shivered in a mixture of pleasure and annoyance.