five

The game ended with a Dodgers win and Cody and I had just left my apartment with my hamper of clothes.

"Are those the only clothes you have?" Cody asked while helping me into his truck.

I nodded. I didn't own much. When I ran away from my parents I had all the money I had saved for over a year. I left everything behind, including my clothes. I wanted a fresh start after living in pain for so long.

I used some of my money for a bus ride from my city in San Diego to downtown LA. When I got here, I slept on the streets for three days. It was until I met a man one night that I slept in a bed. That was the first time I ever sold myself for money, because I didn't know what else to do.

The man helped me get papers that said I was older then I actually am. After spending a few more nights with him, I finally had saved up enough to get an apartment. The apartment was dirty and in a bad part of town- I heard sirens constantly- but it was mine.

"Are you okay? You're really quiet."

"Yea I'm fine; just thinking." I replied with a small smile.

"What about?" He asked, looking down at me. I had been sitting right next to him since my laundry hamper took up to the passenger seat. Thank god the center console thingy could be pushed up.

"I don't really know. The past I guess." I said with a small shrug.

"Care to elaborate?"

I shook my head, not really wanting to get into it at the moment. "Maybe another time."

He nodded. "It's okay. I understand." He said, putting his hand on my thigh and squeezing it lightly.

   His touch alone was enough to drive me crazy. I had shut down my feelings for so long that I had forgotten what it was like to want someone. But that feeling was hitting me now, and it was hitting me hard. I'm falling for Cody Bellinger.

   I would never admit that though; I would never blow my cover of the tough girl who doesn't need anyone. Because that's who I needed to be. I needed to be the girl who doesn't need anyone, 'cause it's not like anyone needs me. I'd be stupid to think Cody could fall for me. I can see past his stories, he doesn't want to help me, he just wants sex. He can't pretend like that's not the angle he's playing at all he wants, but I know the truth.

    I sighed when we pulled into the parking structure. What had I gotten myself into?

   Cody carried the laundry basket for me and held my hand as we rode the elevator up to his floor. We got to the second to last floor and walked down a long hallway to his apartment. There were no other doors along the walls so I'm guessing his apartment was the only one on the floor.

We walked in and I was shocked at how neat everything was. The living room was straight on when you walk in the door. He had a kitchen chefs would dream for to the left. I turned and walked to it, admiring it all.

"I don't use this that much. I can't cook."

"If that's you trying to get me to cook for you, don't get your hopes up because I can't cook either." He chuckled and I smiled in return.

   I felt shivers throughout my body when he placed his hand on the small of my back and led me down a hallway.

    He showed me all three bedrooms, both bathrooms, and finally at the end of the hall, the laundry room.

   "You don't separate everything into different washes?" He asked with a confused look when he watched me dump the whole basket in.

   "I barley have enough clothes for one wash. If I separated everything it would just be a waste."

   He sat on the dryer while he waited for me to put detergent in and to turn on the wash. "Are you hungry Em?" He asked when I was finally done. Nicknames already?

    I nodded and followed him back out into the kitchen. "I don't have much 'cause like I said before, I can't cook, but we could order something or we can chips and donuts 'cause that's about all I have." Cody chirped while opening and closing every cabinet.

"How about both?" I asked with a giggle.

   "I like the way you think." He said, pointing at me and giving me a small smile.

   We ordered Chipotle off of Postmates and ate the donuts and chips while we waited.

   When the Postmates came, we turned on a movie and ate it on the couch. I had never had sushi before but I'm glad Cody got me to try it 'cause it was actually really good.

When we were both done, I stood up to throw our trash away only to come back to find Cody taking up the whole couch.

"Whoops. Looks like your just going to have to lay next to me." He says whiles shrugging his shoulders.

I laughed and shook my head but took up on his offer and laid down next to him. "Are you cold?" He asks, grabbing the blanket that laid sprawled at the top of couch.

I nodded and he wrapped the blanket around the both of us. Sex, deep conversations, and cuddling....what was this?

"How was your first day?" Cody whispered in my ear.

I turned my body around so I was facing him. "It was fine. I don't know why people buy these things though, the jersey's kind of uncomfortable." I said with a chuckle. I was obviously joking, this jersey was the softest thing I've worn in a long time.

Cody sat up and got up of the coach. He grabbed my hand pulled me up with him. "If it's so uncomfortable, then why don't we get you out of it?" He asked with a smirk.

Without waiting for me to answer, he pulled me close and kissed me hard. I was confused, but I kissed back. He moved his way down to my neck, leaving behind marks.

"Jump." He commanded before kissing me again. Hs voice was deep and stern. I did as told and I couldn't help but laugh lightly into the kiss while he carried us to his room.

I'm so infatuated that it's dangerous.