twenty one

I typed out a reply while we waited to board. Our flight wasn't scheduled to board for another couple of hours, so we'd be there for a while.

How did you get this? I show Cody the text, and when he gives me his nod of approval, I press send.

I sigh and put my head on Cody's shoulder. "I'm so sick of this," I say. I felt a small tear fall down my cheek, but I wiped it away quickly.

Cody saw and pulled me closer to him. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and kissed my forehead. "I know baby. It's going to be okay; sooner or later."

I bury my head further onto Cody's shoulder and leave a small kiss on his jawline. "I'm scared," I admit.

Cody cups my cheek and his eyes meet my gaze. His light blue eyes had turned to a deeper shade, and I could tell he was angry. He was so protective, and the fact that this whole situation was out of his control was a lot for him.

"Don't be scared baby. I'm not going to let anything happen to you or us. I promise Emberly."

Although his words were sweet, they weren't reassuring. I was still scared.

I felt my phone buzz, and I quickly opened it.

I've got people everywhere baby; so don't get too busy worrying about it.

~ Silver Fox

I show Cody, and he sighs. He takes my phone and stands us both up, putting it in his back pocket. He grabs my hand and lightly tugs on it. "Let's go get some snacks for the flight. Maybe it'll help take your mind off things."

I grab my backpack and put it on my back. I lace my fingers with Cody, and we walk towards all the shops. "What do you want to snack on babes?"

"I'm not that hungry," I answer honestly.

"Grab some water at least Em."

I did as told and grabbed a bottle of water. The lady rung up both Cody and my' things, and we were on our way back.

Cody and I sat on the floor by an outlet so he could charge his phone. We face timed Chris until they called us to board.

We got on the plane and found our seats in first class.

"Take a nap babe," Cody whispers. "It's going to be late when we check into the hotel."

I close my eyes and doze off, temporarily escaping everything that was going on.

~

Cody and I were lugging our stuff to the room. "We have the day off tomorrow," Cody says, opening the door to our room.

"Yea, but it's not like we can do anything." I chuckle with a tired smile.

"I know, but we can get a bunch of snacks and just watch a bunch of movies all day.

"That sounds good." I kiss him and take off my clothes, changing into one of Cody's shirts.

Cody strips down to his sweats and crawls under the covers. I join him and snuggle into his arms before falling asleep once again.