37

Grayson's POV

I called to her several times as she ran away from me. Everytime I called her and she didn't stop, a single tear slid down my cheek. I try to convince myself that she was going to come back but deep down, I had already known she wasn't.

I never knew how much of an impact Kylie had on me. Now she's gone.

As much as I want to cry, I try not to let it faze me. I'm supposed to be one of the most strongest, emotionless, and powerful men in the country. Well according to Forbes Magazine.

I turn back around after I see her run into the forest. I start to worry about Kylie. She ran into the forest at the bottom of the hill and she doesn't know where she's going.

I start to wonder about all the things that could possibly go wrong today, playing with the small red velvet box in my left pocket.

I sigh as I remembered what I was supposed to do today after the dinner.

Asking her to be my wife was supposed to be one of the most memorable things in our relationship.

Unfortunately, I can't marry someone who doesn't love me back. As much as it crushes my heart, I don't want her to be unhappy. It defeats the purpose of marrying her.

My phone suddenly starts to vibrate continuously and I switch it on silent so I can read them. As I go through them, one alone catches my eye. It is a link to a news video. The title of the video is in bold red letters so it must be important. I click to watch it and listen to the lady onscreen.

"The Los Angeles Police Department is issuing a warning to all the city's residents to stay in their homes. Convicted rapists, murderers, and arsonists have all escaped Los Angeles County Jail after a security malfunction. They are all a huge threat to civilians as 95% of them are known to be ruthless and money-hungry. The LAPD strongly advises civilians to lock their doors, windows, and all exits and entries before continuing their day. They were all last seen running into a nearby forest at the bottom of The Hollywood Hills."

I pause the video to process her last sentence. "The Hollywood Hills." I repeated over and over in my head. I'm on Hollywood Hills. I looked down on the forest and saw a couple street lamps turn on, signalling it's getting late and dark. I started to panic.

I absolutely feared for Kylie's safety. She ran into that forest. The same one that all the convicts are in.

I dialled 911.

This is all my fault. I came on to her too strong. If something happens to her, I'll never be able to forgive myself.

"Hello. This is 911 what is your emergency?"

"M-My wife just ran into the forest at the bottom of Hollywood Hills. It's late at night and I had just seen the news about the escape. I don't know where she is and-"

"Alright sir please calm down. First can I get your name?"

"Grayson."

"Ok Grayson. Are you on The Hills at this moment?"

"Y-Yes."

"Ok is there any vehicle or shelter around that you can get into?"

"Y-Yes I have an SUV." I stutter.

"Alright Grayson you need to get into that car and get off The Hills. I will send police officers that way to look for any signs of your wife."

My breathing continues to increase drastically as she mentions Kylie.