CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

>Elisa<

‘How was it; that everything could go wrong so quickly?’ I pushed the team plasma hood of my head letting my blonde hair fly loose behind me. I paused at the end of the corridor that I had been running down and glanced in both directions that the corridor split into. I sighed and decided to go left. I sighed and ducked around a team plasma grunt who stepped out of the shadows, arms open wide in a catching pose. Behind me I heard the grunt fall over his feet and mutter curses. I suppressed a giggle and narrowed my eyes in concentration. I ran down a few more corridors my mind starting to drift, an inner conflict yelling in my mind. ‘How could I have done that, how could I have left them behind?’ I gulped in a lungful of air and yelled feeling my feet being pulled out from beneath me. I bit back a scream and scrambled back up to my feet ignoring the streaks of pain that drugged my veins. I pushed my fringe out of my eyes and whimpered. I wiped my eyes from the tears that were fighting for control before limping down the corridor. A scream escaped from my mouth as I felt a hand wrap round my wrist and drag me into the shadows. I spun my head round and glared at the person. I blinked and narrowed my eyes Black standing behind me. “Wha-” I squeaked in alarm feeling Black slam his hand over my mouth and pull me further into the shadows. I wriggled in his arms trying to break free and paused. I stepped back fear pounding against my chest suddenly not feeling the same hatred for Black. I winced at hearing footsteps echo down the corridor. I cringed and covered my face with my hands and waited, waiting for the grunts to come round the corner and catch us. I frowned at my hands as I listened to the footsteps pass by the place where I was hiding. Finally I lowered my hands the feeling of intimate danger pass. From behind me I heard Black laugh and spun around on my heel. I glared at Black feeling my anger snap. “You!” I jabbed Black in the chest feeling my hate for him burn like acid or like a poison sting. ‘What was he doing here? Why was he such a jerk? When can I kill him?’ I trapped the thoughts and narrowed my eyes once more at Black and jabbed him in the chest once more. “Easy Elisa, I hear that frowning is bad for the skin.” I glared at Black with unblinking eyes. Finally Black sighed; he raised his hands in defeat. “Fine Elisa I get it. You’re mad at me. I do get it. I deserve it to but... hear me out will you. Please?” I glared at Black for a few seconds more before nodding in agreement. “Fine, I’ll listen to you. But... Only if you get me out of this castle.” Black grinned and picked me up in his arms, spinning me around in a hug. I squealed in alarm and hit him on his shoulder until he placed me on the ground again. “Thank you, thank you Elisa. I promise ill tell you the truth.” I sighed and pushed my fringe out of my eyes. “Well you have to get me out of here first. In one piece...”