stuck in the restaurant

"I thought you were already on your way? What happened?"

Insung sighed from the other line as he looked at the woman sleeping on his bed. "Something just came up." He answered abruptly. Well, it was obviously someone, but he knew he needed to keep it a secret, knowing how his friends tend to overreact. "Why did you call anyway? Is something wrong?"

"Yejin told me her friend went missing last night."

"And?" His right brow raised as his friend, Hyunbin, told him what happened.

"It happens to be Kwangsoo's cousin. You know, the one he always talks about... Anyway, no one knows where she is right now, so everyone, especially Kwangsoo, has been worried since last night."

Insung looked at the woman again. She was oddly familiar to him. Other than that, she might also be close with Yejin as her party was supposed to be private. "Can you send me a photo of her friend?"

"Alright, I will."

He received a notification in a matter of seconds. "What a small world." He muttered.

"You saw her?"

"Huh?"

"Jihyo... the one we were talking about... did you see her last night?"

"Eomma..."

Insung turned around to check on the woman he confirmed to be Jihyo, "I'll call you back." He told Hyunbin before turning off the call.

"Don't leave..." He became more worried as her breathing became more erratic.

Insung slowly placed his hand over her shoulder while panic also took control of him. "Hey." He said calmly. "I—" He immediately stepped back when her phone suddenly rang and watched her wake up to answer the call.

"Didn't I tell you to never call me on a Sunday morning?" The woman irritatingly stated, sighing as she spoke to the phone.

His brows raised. He didn't expect for her to be this... somehow... scary. Her voice was stern and was notably annoyed, so he just came out of the room to prepare the meal he had been working on earlier.

"Are you alright?" Insung approached her and carefully put a glass of water in front of her. She just gave him a judging look. "D-Don't worry, we didn't do anything last night." He whispered, raising his hands above the air.

She didn't answer and just ran her fingers on her hair. "I'm still alive. Don't worry." She stated.

Insung couldn't help but laugh at her answer. While she was on a phone call, he went to the kitchen again and took the time to send a message to Yejin, just to inform the latter about the whereabouts of her friend. However, the moment he sent the message, Yejin immediately called him.

"Why were you with Jihyo unnie?"

"Something happened last night."

"Is that "something" what I am thinking about right now?"

"What?! No!"

"Good, because I'll be watching you from now on."

"Don't worry."