two.

'I hate him.' Demi mumbles and Kelsey shakes her head.

'No you don't.' Kelsey says causing the brunette to sigh as she glances down at the newborn in her arms.

'No, I don't but I wish I did.' Demi replies and Kelsey smiles slightly.

'He's probably just in shock.' Kelsey says as Demi passes the baby to her.

'He's in shock? I'm the one who had no idea I had a baby inside me for nine months and then was cut open so they could take that baby from me. Do you know how much of a failure that makes me feel?' Demi replies as tears fill her eyes.

'You're not a failure; you'd be surprised how many people don't realise they're pregnant.' Kelsey says.

'I should've known.' Demi almost whispers and Kelsey shakes her head.

'How would you have known? I seen you in just your underwear last week and no way would I have thought you were pregnant let alone about to give birth. If you had no reason to believe you were pregnant then you weren't to know.' Kelsey says sitting down on the chair next to the bed.

'I'm still so pissed at Nick.' Demi replies and Kelsey nods her head.

'You have every right to be angry at him. Why don't you try get some sleep?' Kelsey suggests and Demi nods her head.

****

Glancing over at Demi who's finally fast asleep, Kelsey sighs as she used her free hand to compose a new text.

To Joe :
Tell your brother to grow the fuck up and face up to his responsibilities.

'You're quite the little surprise, aren't you?' Kelsey says as she slides her phone back into her pocket and gazes down at the baby in her arms.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

'Oh, I didn't realise Miss Lovato had a visitor; I'll come back later.' The nurse says and Kelsey shakes her head.

'It's okay. She's sleeping though.' Kelsey replies gesturing over to Demi.

'I'm just here to do some footprints for baby.' The nurse says and Kelsey nods her head.

'Oh okay, that's fine... Where do you want him?' Kelsey asks.

'In the cot is fine.' The nurse replies smiling. Kelsey carries the baby over to the cot and watches as the nurse begins to take the footprints while Kelsey takes pictures.

_____

_____

'Why is Kelsey texting me asking me to tell you to grow up... What've you done and is that the reason you're back early?' Joe asks glancing at where Nick is sitting at the kitchen table.

'Demi was in a crash.' Nick replies.

'Is she okay?' Joe asks.

'She's fine; she had a baby, my baby.' Nick replies.

'What the fuck? Why didn't you tell me she was pregnant and why the hell aren't you with her?' Joe asks.

'We didn't know. I went to the hospital this morning... I'm not ready to be a dad, Joe.' Nick replies.

'I don't fucking care. You don't get to just fucking abandon your own child and Demi. I encouraged her to open up to you about how she felt because I thought you'd look after her; I thought you'd be the one to stick around and make her happy but at the first sign of trouble you leave? I am so disappointed with you, Nick.' Joe says grabbing his jacket.

'Where are you going?' Nick asks.

'To do what you should've been doing.' Joe replies.

______

'Hey, can I come in?' Joe asks softly as he peeks his head around the door.

'Sure.' Demi replies quietly. She glances down at the newborn in her arms as Joe smiles.

'You on your own?' Joe asks and Demi nods her head.

'Kelsey's gone to get some lunch.' She replies as he leans over and kisses the top of her head.

'I'm sorry my brother is being such a dick.' He says sitting down on the chair next to her bed.

'I'm not going to force him to be in his life but if he's not in his then he's not in mine; I'll quit the label if I have to.' She replies causing him to shake his head.

'That's not going to happen. I brought you some bits. I figured you wouldn't have anything for him so I stopped by babies r us.' He says causing her to smile as he holds up a carrier bag.

'Oh, Joe... Thank you so much.' She replies quietly as tears fill her eyes.

'You don't have to thank me; Nick might be an idiot but I'm here if you need anything. When do you get home?' He asks taking hold of her hand.

'Tomorrow probably.' She replies.

'Do you need someone to drive you? I can pick you both up and take you home?' He says.

'Kelsey needs to come as well; I had a caesarean so she needs to stay with me for a few weeks.' She replies.

'I can pick her up as well.' He says.

'If you're sure.' She replies and he nods his head.

'You give me a call and I'll be here... If I talk to Nick and make him see sense will you give him another chance?' He asks.

'I'm not the reason he's not here. I love Nick and the door is always open for him to be involved but I'm not going to force him, Joe. I don't want him to be there because he feels like he has to, I want him to want Toby.' She replies.

'Toby?' He asks and she shrugs her shoulders.

'Kelsey suggested it earlier and it's kinda stuck; I'm not 100% on it though. I did want Nick to help me pick a name but I don't know if that'll happen.' She replies.

'Will he be Lovato or Jonas?' Joe asks and she bites her bottom lip.

'For the time being Lovato. I don't want to have a completely different name from him if Nick isn't even going to be involved but I'll definitely include Jonas in his name.' She replies.

I know I said this would be updated on Wednesdays but I don't know if I'm going to get anything else up as I really can't be bothered writing so have this for now.