Chapter Seven

Jhase and I walk for hours. Over hills, through tall yellow grass. It swayed in the breeze, in a rhythm. I begin to sway along. Jhase lookes at me when he realizes I wasn't speaking. He chuckles when he sees my swaying and smiling, with my eyes shut tight. "Cute." He laughs. My whole face blushes.

Jhase tells me of his three sisters who live with him in a little three room house. He talks about the funeral for his parents. He smiles and says, "What about you?" HE asks me questions. Home life, family, favorite things. I stop walking and tell him everything. About my abusive mother, clock loving father, why I was running. He is silent and his eyes betray that he is fascinated and understanding.

"Jhase." I begin. My shoes become the most intresting thing in the world. "Are you upset? Disgusted?Anything?" I worry he will throw stones, call the police, pull out a recorder and say "AHHA! I have caught you now!" But he doesn't. He grabs my shoulders and embraces me. At first, I am paralyzed. Jhase puts his face into my hair and breathes deeply. I feel suddenly relaxed. He is fine. He doesn't care. He pulls me away and laughs out loud.

Still holding my arms, he says, "Isabelle! You have known me all of five hours! And you just told me your life story!" Jhase seems amazed at my trustworthiness. He throws his arms over his head, laughing and smiling.

Then he frowns, and lowers his arm slowly. "What's wrong Jhase?" I ask concerned.

"One thing upsets me about you past." He looks down.

"What?" I ask frantically. What if it is to big for him to look past?

"You love another man." He looks at me, sad. "My window is gone, Isabelle." He smiles sadly.

My jaw literally drops to the ground. "Jhase!" I laugh out of bewilderment.

"Yep siree!" He pronunces as he begins walking again. I run to catch up with him. I step in front of him to stop his hurried pace. "You have known me for five hours, Jhase." I chuckle.

"I already love you." His tone is serious and real. He means it. It makes me take a step back. Jhase smiles. "Shut up." I joke as I slug him playfully in the arm. He grabs my hand as I hit him. He doesn't let go. He looks me in the eye, smiling. The warmth from his body as he pulls me closer makes me shiver. He closes off the space between us until our stomachs are touching.

"Jhase." I sigh as I pull my hand from his grasp and push his chest. " I can't do this to you." His short hair trembles in the breeze.

"What if I want it?" He walks away, leaving me standing alone in the grass. A smie finds my lips. "What if I want it too?" I whisper then hustle to catch him.