Chapter Fifteen

The next few weeks pass without incident. I miss Jhase terribly and all the girls. I hope they were not hurt. I have cried many times in the bathroom of the antique clockshop over the thought of there being injured. AD'S CLOCKS is the second best thing to ever happen to me. It's amazing. Dad would be so happy. I shiver at the cold autumn air. Leaves are all over the cobbles. Pumpkins and turkeys line the streets. I have begun to call this place home. I feel so at peace her. There are two Suits here and I have befriended them both. They are the only ones who know my secrets. I told them one day last week.  Ihave begun to trust Darian and Eric. They were sweet. And I think Darian has a little crush on me. HE brings me flowers and writes me poems. One day, he came into the crowded clock shop and sung me a serenade. I really like him but I cannot get over Jhase. Dare is very patient. Another amazing quality. Other than his sweet, kind, trusting face, he has many  other qualities. BLond hair, green eyes, muscular, a good christian boy who accepts me. I really thnk if I ever get over Jhase, Dare is a great possibility.

I am smiling and dreaming of Dare when I walk into the shop. Mr. D throws a newspaper at my head. I catch it with ease. He pouts. "You got closer that time AD!" I assure him. HE smiles. "ONe day I will hit you in the face!" HE declares. I sigh. "Thanks AD! Really appreciate the plan to beat me with a newspaper." I chuckle as I read the newspaper's front page. Then, I stop laughing.

                                     YOUNG MAN DIES IN A TRAGIC FIRE AT LOCAL FARMHOUSE.

I read and re-read the article. I begin to hyperventilate. "Iz? You ok?" AD says. I fly out the door and almost knock Dare and Eric on the was out. "IZ! YOu okay?" Dare says. HE oicks up the newspaper and reads the headline. HE frowns. "Go." HE says. I ran.