Prologue

I'm a killer. I'm in pain.
With all of this, I've gone insane.
But Leo's kept me on my feet.
Until that day when he told me...

¤~¤~¤~¤

I sling my backpack on my shoulder and check the time on my phone. It's time for the bus bus to come.

I opened the door, saying good-bye to Ma, and exited. The bus, as usual, was waiting by my house. I sighed, and walked towards it.

Another day of rooms full of people I don't like. Perfect!

I hope on the bus, paying my way to my seat. I sit in the back where most people avoid, and plug my earbuds into my phone. Pandora time.

Lights shine silently
Quietly
But yet they're still alive
For their shine is their loudest cry

Shining bright, bright, like bright stars
Diamonds in the sky, diamonds in the ruff
Delicate but strong enough
To reach us from lightyears away

Because I guess they shine as bright as the sun during the day

Baby, shine bright
You're a diamond in the night
You shine under pressure
You're my true treasure
You're the end of my pain
You drive me insane
Yet in all the madness,
Stop this,
Fight,
You shine next to her and I
And we hear you
We hear you
I've heard you all your life
Shine bright, bright, brigh-

"Jupiter High School!" the driver shouts. I sigh. This is my stop.

I step out, and look at the building full of buzzing students. Ew, socialization. I let my head down and the walk silently to my class, not bothering to put anything in my locker considering they don't exactly stay locked.

First Class: HCC (Habits, Culture and Community)

HCC, the class of "positivity" and "family" and "success." It's wonderful, really.

Our teacher is Ms. Yung, a short Korean woman who looks to be in her fifties. She wears heals that make her four 1/2 feet tall, and has a tattoo of a black and white flower on her neck.

"Welcome back, class!" she smiles cheerfully.

Everyone groans in response, probably agreeing that it's too early for this, 7am.

"Today, we'll be talking about forgiveness, something special-" I stopped listening, as did everyone else, when a peer came in late.

He sat down with a goofy smile, clearly tempted to make a joke with the class's attention on him. Ms. Yung didn't seem to notice the class, or him, at all, and kept talking to a distant crowd.

The boy who was late looked around, tapping his pencil on his desk, eager, due to his ADHD. He smiled at a few other students, but no one paid any attention you him anymore, except me.

I smiled at the boy, not really knowing the feeling that had come over me. I'm not one to know my own feelings.

He kept looking around, and then his eyes landed on me. He looked at me, watched me, his smile falling down, giving me a knowing expression. We stayed this way for a few moments, time could not run easily through those moments.

I still love you, Leo. I think as I look at him. You're still as beautiful as ever.