🔹🔲▶ Nico ◀🔲🔹

"Nico." he begins.

I see him struggling to figure out his words.

"I didn't want to tell you about Khione, because" he doesn't beat around the bush, "a lot of stuff happened when she was around." Or maybe he is beating around the bush.

"It's okay, Leo." I place my hand on his cheek, letting him know I was there for him. Confession time.

"Sh-she did a lot of th-things, but b-b-before all that" he stutters, "we were. . . a thing." I nod, oh. I guess it does make sense, though.

"What'd she do, Leo? Why was she here?" I didn't mean to bombard him with questions he's already trying to say, but if I didn't push him he'd never say. I have a feeling this is one of those unfair now-or-nevers life throws at us.

"She hurt people I loved. . . and me." he said. Give me details, Leo, what happened? He took a deep breath, still looking down. It was then I realized we'd been mumbling the whole conversation, but it wasn't hard to hear each other when our faces were only inches apart.

"Leo, tell me everything. Be specific. Okay? It's okay, it's just memories. Take a deep breath, be brave." He nods shakily, looking at our tangled hands.

"I love you, Leo. It's okay." I encourage.

He nods, "I-I know. Okay. We-we were friends for a w-while a-and she. . . Nico, she was there when my mom died!" He nearly shouts the last part at me, and cries into me.

I hug him, and I stopped carefully demanding answers. He'll reveal on when the times comes. I sit and hold him for what feels like a minute until he wraps his arms around my neck and cranes his neck to sob into mine. I rock him back and forth gently until his crying grows weaker, and soon enough he has dozed off.

I kiss his cheek and then his nose, looking at his facial features. Suddenly a hate washes over me, a hate I am all too familiar with; and that hate surrounds Khione. I close my eyes, holding Leo tighter. I won't let anything happen to him again.

A/N First, I'm sorry it took so long to update. Second, I love how Leo acted like he was gonna explain everything and you're left only knowing a little bit XD *sticks out tongue*