🔹🔲▶ Nico ◀🔲🔹

No, it wasn't that he had more confidence. It just...it wasn't him.

I rub my chin, thinking about today's events. I couldn't take this anymore. I have to see him; I love him!

I grab my coat, and reach for the doorknob. Before I grab it, I stare at my hand. Empty, useless. If only Leo's was cupping it.

I take in a breath, and look determinedly at the doorknob, my fingers folding. I'll fix this. I have to.

For him.

TIME SKIP

When I make my way to Leo's house, I suck in a relieved breath. I see him standing by the door frame, as he glances at me. He looks okay.

But then I see a woman to his side, standing outside the door. She's in a long blue dress, almost like a wine dress, and has dark, long hair that looked soft from even here. I approached, and when I was close enough for her to sense (as if my footsteps didn't give me away) she turns to look at me.

She's beautiful, with pale skin and rosy cheeks, but what gets me most is her eyes, icy blue yet so. . . dazzling. If I wasn't gay and I didn't know better, I'd ask her out on the spot.

I look at Leo's anger and uneasiness, and at the other woman's smiley, evil, expression.

"Explanation, anybody?" I look around, noticing Echo on the couch inside with a board game piece.

"This is Khione. She was just leaving." Leo glares whole-heartedly at the girl--Khione.

She smiles and huffs amusingly, but doesn't say a word, turning and walking the other direction, her snowflake-covered heals clanking as she waved away.

I immediately turn to Leo. "Explanation, now." I demand rock-solidly. I don't believe he was cheating, if that's what you think, Echo was here and he looked angry at Khione. But I do very want to know what that was all about. I came here to give answers, but now I need to receive them first.

Leo nods, and takes my hand, bringing me to the couch where Echo sits.