14

So I've been volunteering at a local theater production by passing out programs for the past couple of days. It's outside in a park, so the ground is a bit uneven, which is bad, if you're clumsy like me.

         Me and the other volunteer stand on opposite sides of the lawn, waiting to hand people programs, help with chairs, point out the bathroom, etc., and I always start off with a polite "Good evening! Would you like a program for our production today?" Or "Hello sir/madam! Would you like help with your chairs?" Today, however, entry had been slow, so I'd been sitting on a bench near my post when saw this couple walking over with their chairs. 

       I sprung into action, making my way towards them. I put on a huge grin, straightened my posture, and went to meet them.

         When I was in earshot, I cleared my throat so my voice wouldn't crack and began with the usual, "Good evening! Would yo-" and proceeded to be cut off as I tripped and fell flat on my face right in front of the couple in the middle of a public park. I looked over to see the other volunteer as well as some of the actors backstage laughing their asses off.

     I sure do know how to make an impression, huh?

Anyways, I'll see you next time, nightingales!

Ooh wait! One more question:
Do you guys prefer

Short blabbers?

OR

Longer stories of mine?

Comment on which you like better!

(And anyone who comments on the "or" I stg I will fight you)