16

THAT'S IT

I'VE DONE IT

I OFFICIALLY AM MOVING TO THE SIDE OF A VOLCANO WITH NOTHING BUT A TOOTHBRUSH

Okay, now to explain.

I've got a crush on my friend's brother. I'm an asshole, I know. And I also have been volunteering at the local theater program for the past two weeks. I was always so bored all by myself, and the show was so awesome, I invited her to come and see it. She agreed, and I was so excited!

(Might I add that this takes place outdoors...)

So I've been waiting, and I'm so anxious for her to get there. All of a sudden, I hear,
"PIPER!"
And see her running towards me full speed. I glance behind her, and who do I see?

My crush.

Of course.

But I'm so excited to see my friend, that I start running towards her.

(Ok, one last thing to add in, in a toe-walker, which means that instead of walking heel first, I step on the balls of my feet, kinda like I'm wearing invisible heels.)

Okay, back to the story.

So I'm running towards her and she's running towards me. I then misstep, and put my heel down first. Several things then happen at once.

My heel slips, and I'm sliding across the ground while falling at an alarming rate. My sister, at the same time, happens to turn around and see the tail end of this. Third, my back is in immense pain and the breath is knocked out of me. Finally, I see my crush looking. Great, he saw that.
Gotta recover, Piper, c'mon....
So I start laughing. I sit up, and see a couple people with chairs walking over to the area. I get up quickly and say,
"I'll be right back, gotta give those people some programs."
My friend, still laughing, nods and says,
"You have fun doing that."
So I go over, hand the people programs, and my friend goes to set up her chair. A while later we're talking and who come to sit with us?

Him.

I freaked out on the inside, but I guess it wasn't too bad because we all just had a normal conversation. It was nice.

My back still hurts. It's so odd, I can't even believe it. Also, apparently, if your breath is knocked out of you, sprinting makes it slightly better. At least that's what I've found. Anyways.

Thanks so much for reading, nightingales! <3