15

This may come as a shock to some, but I'm terrified of dogs.

     Also, my family owns a golf cart for transport reasons, and for SOME reason (I'm not sure what) they let me drive it.

       So we were out on a neighborhood tour and I was driving (obviously. No seeable problems there.  Is seeable even a word?  It is now.)

     We're a ways from home, and I'm a bit unfamiliar with these houses. I don't know a lot of people or what their houses are like. 

       So anyways, we get to a point and decide to turn around. It's all well and dandy when I look ahead to see a man coming out of his house with his dog.

     "Great," I'm thinking, "Just keep your eyes on the road, Piper, and don't get dis-"

       The dog, which might I add is pretty big, starts charging full-speed at the car, barking and bearing its teeth. Now I'm freaking out. For some reason, my instinct is to hit the brakes instead of the gas. The dog stops at the edge of it's property and continues threatening us. When I come out of shock, I drive away as quickly but carefully as I can. I was so shook© that I couldn't even speak for the rest of the ride home.

Moral of the story: dogs are scary for me.  Loud dogs are especially scary.

Thanks for reading my story, nightingales! It's so nice to get my dog story out because most people don't understand why I'm afraid of them. That. That is why.