Worrying Letters

A/N: https://goo.gl/forms/PJXvppZAOted8wRH2 <please fill out this short form to help keep the book going!

The rest of the summer passed by without much of a hitch, and it was late August before anything new happened in Harry's letters. And by new, it turned out to be rather dangerous. The letter arrived on the 24th of August, with Hedwig also looking none too pleased about the heat. Sirius got to the letter first, unfolding it and reading it aloud from where they sat inside their rented storage unit/home. It read as follows:

Dear Sirius and Olivia,

Thanks for your last letter. That bird was enormous; it could hardly get through my window!

Things are the same as usual here. Dudley's diet isn't going too well. Aunt Petunia found him smuggling doughnuts into his room yesterday. They told him they'd have to cut his pocket money if he keeps doing it, so he got really angry and chucked his PlayStation out of the window. That's a sort of computer thing you can play games on. Bit stupid really, now he hasn't even got Mega-Mutilation Part Three to take his mind off things. Makes him even more irritable too.

I'm doing alright, mainly because the Dursleys are terrified you (Sirius) might turn up and turn them all into bats if I ask you to. They still know you as a mass murderer, of course, and wouldn't be too pleased to have you show up in their perfect neighbourhood.

A weird thing happened this morning, though. My scar hurt again. Last time that happened it was because Voldemort was at Hogwarts. But I don't reckon he can be anywhere near me now, can he? Do either of you know if curse scars sometimes hurt years afterward? It has me kind of worried that something's going on.

I'll send this with Hedwig when she gets back; she's off hunting at the moment. Say hello to Buckbeak for me! -Harry

P.S. If you want to contact me, I'll be at Ron's for the rest of the summer. His dad's got us tickets for the Quidditch World Cup!

Sirius put the letter down slowly, as if still processing it. Then he jumped to his feet quickly, gathering up their limited belongings and shoving them either into bags or pockets. Olivia and Hedwig looked at him as if he's lost his mind.

"Sirius? What's going on?" Olivia asked, handing him more things he'd missed.

"We have to go back immediately. With Harry's scar hurting and what Dumbledore's been saying," Sirius trailed off, his I should not have said that face in plain sight.

"You've been in contact with Dumbledore? What's he saying? What does Harry's scar hurting mean? Sirius!" Olivia shouted, frustrated that he wasn't even looking at her. He finally finished his frantic packing and turned towards their makeshift desk to begin writing a letter.

He scribbled it down hastily before handing it to Olivia, "Send this back to him."

Olivia, however took the time to read the letter before sending:

Harry -

I'm flying north immediately. This news about your scar is the latest in a series of strange rumours that have reached me here. If it hurts again, go straight to Dumbledore - they're saying he's got Mad-Eye out of retirement, which means he's reading the signs, even if no one else is. I'll be in touch soon. Keep your eyes open, Harry.

Sirius

"What do you mean I? I'm going with you," Olivia made no move to fold the letter, staring Sirius down.