epilogue

epilogue;

Fast forward thirteen years; Luke and I are now currently married with three kids of our own. Just as Luke had said twenty years ago in the small apartment in London; Calum and his wife, Joselyn; Ashton and Leila - definitely married and they married each other at twenty five - ; and finally, Michael and his wife, Roan, had all moved in on the same street as us, back in our hometown; Sydney, Australia.

I wouldn't say I am fixed. There is definitely times where I have skipped meals, or slapped a rubber band against my skin. Even though it has been twenty years, I will always be damaged. You never, truly, can fix someone who has been broken. The thoughts always come creeping back in, after you pushed them to the very back of your mind. The thought, the urge, always comes back. Once you're broken, there are cracks that cannot be filled, and that's how the thoughts find their way back in. Now that I've had children I've definitely pushed the thought away, I don't want them seeing me like that.

Our three child's names are Rosaline Leila Hemmings, Ashen Roan Josie Hemmings, and Thomas Gordon Fletcher Hemmings. Each of them carry a piece of our extended family. Rosalime has our dear friend, Leila's name, for her middle name. Thomas, is named after of course the rest of 5 Seconds of Summer's middle names. Ashen, carries the names of Joselyn, we used Josie for short, and Roan.

Rosaline is five years old and is going to be starting kindergarten in the fall. (I don't live in Australia so idk what season it is when school starts sorry) She is the most obedient of the kids but she is also the oldest. She has Luke's long blonde hair but my brown eyes. Thomas, is three years old and is most definitely the most rambunctious; I've always blamed his uncles - well technically just our best friends but they are close enough to be called their uncles and aunts - for that. He had inherited my dark, almost black, brown hair but Luke's beautiful blue eyes. Ashen, is only ten months old. She is started to hobble around on the tiny legs of hers. She resembles me the most; she has my dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Luke will joke around and say there goes Avalon as she crawls around the living room.

Today is a very important date. It is our annual street barbeque; our street only consists of us four families, since they all insisted on big back yards, and a long front yard. This year it is Luke and I's turn to host. Today has been a long day of cleaning and preparation of meat. To say I was stressed would be an understatement. I have definitely snapped a rubber band against my skin, to the point of both of my wrists being completely red.

"Ava, baby?" Luke's voice calls, from outside, his voice coming through the open window.

"Yes, Luke?" I call back.

"I think the house is clean enough, don't let yourself get more stressed. I'm positive the lads will understand. Come on out here for a minute!" I let the rubber band snap against my wrist one more time, before slipping on some flip flops and heading out to Luke. He hasn't changed much at all. He still has the same piercing from when he got it as a seventeen years old. Although he has gotten a few tattoos. He has a cursive love conquers all tattoo located across his upper chest, just peeking out from under his tank top. Then one of their band symbol, the five slashes, on his wrist. Another, is a date which is 24.8.2021 - our wedding date. He wanted it tattooed to symbolize the best day of his life.

"Luke?" He turns around from his position at the grill, at the sound of my voice. Luke smiles softly at me, placing the tongs on the rack, then runs towards me. He picks me up, spinning me around, as I giggle. He stops and sets me down, then rest his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. He presses his lips to mine, then I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you, baby." He mumbles against my lips.

"I love you, honey." I say, as I pull away from him. Suddenly, he sighs as he grabs my wrists.