xiii.

Yoongi watched from the mirrors as Jimin continued to stumble over his steps, again and again. And again. Until he couldn't take it anymore.

When the silver-haired male slipped and almost fell, he knew they could not go on. The younger clearly had his mind elsewhere. Making him continue with rehearsing would be an asshole move.

"Ah, sorry hyung! Can we take it from the top again?" The younger asked with his back facing Yoongi. He's acting strange today, he thought.

Maybe it was because of his finals - which were less than 3 weeks away now, he realised.

"Hyung, are you mad? I swear I'll have this down after a few more times, it's just this one step that I can't seem to figure out, and it's the part of the second verse whereㅡyou know what, it doesn't matter. But, god, I usually don't have problems coming up with dances, I don't know what's wrong with me today. And I know we've been practicing for a few hours now, but really, don't worry! Just a few more times andㅡ"

"Jimin!" He exclaimed, causing the dancer to abruptly shut his mouth. He sighed, turning to face the other male properly. "First - I want you to take a deep breath." He watched as the younger nodded and complied, his shoulders raising as he inhaled.

Jimin looked at him with his brows raised and breath held in. This kid, really.

"You can breathe out, you know," he pointed out, releasing a breath of laughter. Once the younger male had let go of his breath, he looked at Yoongi with anxious eyes. Yeah, they were definitely stopping for today.

"I'm sorry," the younger repeated in a small voice, and he'd be lying if he said it didn't cause his heart to clench. Just a little. A small part of him wanted to ask the other what had him so upset, but it wasn't his place to. Plus, he was sure Jimin wouldn't want him to interfere.

"Jimin, I'm not mad," he said, realising that he hadn't responded to the younger's apology. "Really, I'm not." He assured when he noticed Jimin looking at him, unconvinced.

"Why? I messed up so many times, and I've been doing that since we started practicing. How could you not be mad?" The younger questioned with a frown. He really wished Jimin would stop looking so upset.

"So you messed up a few times, big deal," he scoffed. "We have time. And I know you've got your final exam soon, so I understand if you've been prioritising that over this. The last thing I want is for you to overwork yourself. So, relax - you're going to be fine." He sent a small smile at the younger in reassurance, because he had never really been that good at comforting people. But - he had no doubt that Jimin would be, and he wanted the younger to know that, regardless of how awkward he sounded.