xiv.

Snuggling further into his thick scarf, he walked out of the hospital

Snuggling further into his thick scarf, he walked out of the hospital. It was so cold, he was slowly beginning to lose feeling in his fingers again. It had stopped snowing, at least – thank god for that, he thought with relief.

He wasn't the biggest fan of snow, always opting to stay locked up in his apartment instead of facing the biting cold.

Releasing a deep breath, he thought back to his mother, a frown making its way to his face. Her condition was getting worse, he could tell. Unlike the time when he last visited, she didn't try to sit up. She stayed lying on the white bed, watching him as he entered the room. 

He tried not to let his concern show, but it was difficult. She knew him better than anyone, after all.

But no matter how much his mother tried to assure him, it was hard to believe her. Because he could visibly see her condition changing, getting weaker.

He hated seeing her like this. Wished he could do something, but. But there was nothing. The doctor had told him that she was incurable, and all they could do was wait for her to...He didn't even want to think about it.

Sniffing, he angrily rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. He couldn't cry right now. He won't. Not in public.

So deep in his thoughts, he failed to see the duo in front of him, causing him to collide with their bodies. He found himself stumbling back, and he would've fallen too, if it hadn't been for the warm hand keeping him up.

"Yoongi hyung?" He knew that voice. Looking up at the owner of the hand, he found a red-cheeked Jimin, with an amused Taehyung beside him. He looked down at his wrist, Jimin's hand wrapped around it. It caused the younger to release his grip, stepping back as if to give him space.

Placing his arm down, he slid them into his coat pockets. He smiled at the younger faintly, "Hi, Jimin." God, he hoped the younger hadn't noticed the crack in his voice. 

"Hyung...are youㅡare you crying?" The silver haired male asked, concern hinted in his tone. Shit.

"What? Noㅡno, I'm not." He argued, his fingers curling into a fist inside his pockets. When he noticed the unconvinced look on the younger's face, he reassured him, "Really, I'm fine, Jimin. It's just really cold." Looking away, he released a short breath, creating a small puff of air.

He hoped Jimin wouldn't question him any further. So he can just go back home. And sleep his troubles away. If only for a few hours.

"Oh," the younger said, "okay hyung! It is getting cold, isn't it? I think it's colder than last year." Jimin added, giggling softly. Yoongi looked back at Jimin to find him burying his face further into his scarf, but he's still able to see his eyes becoming crescents like he did when he smiled brightly.

Internally sighing in relief, he nodded, a small smile making its way on his face. "Yeah, I think so too."

"What are you doing outside the hospital anyway? Were you visiting someone?" Taehyung asked, both brows raised in question. He watched as Jimin elbowed the younger (a little too hardly if you asked him), causing Taehyung to yell out in pain. "Jiminie, what the hell? I was just asking! ㅡgeez, you didn't have to shove me so hard. Do you want me to empty my breakfast all over you?" Taehyung remarked with a pout as he rubbed the side of his stomach. Jimin turned to him then.