Chapter 17: Old Friend

Henlo
I want to clear some things up. Natsuki is not a "half Ghoul" like Kaneki. Sure, she was tortured like him but her parents were full ghouls and therefore she is a full Ghoul. I have noticed some confusion on this. Thank u.
-----------------------------------------------

I head back to my room for the rest of the night. When I reach it I decide to organize it since the place looked like a mess. I haven't cleaned it since I got here and when you don't sleep it gets messy.

I put my clothes back in the drawer and reach in my pocket to grab my mask. When I don't find it in it's usual place a search my other pockets and through my clothes drawers. It wasn't anywhere. I try to think of places it could have been, when I realize that when I was back in the alley with Mado and Aido I must have dropped it.

Classes don't start for a while since it's almost the end of summer, so I decide that tomorrow I will go and get a new one made.

I rough sketch for the rest of the night and as soon as the sun shone through the curtains of my room I got up and threw on a mustard yellow shirt with a small red rose in the corner and black leggings.

I make my way to the gates and out onto the street. I walk to a bus stop and take the bus. After a few minutes my stop came and I hopped out. I walk down a series of street and some boys whistled at me so I shot them a look.

After a lot of turns and alley I finally reach my destination. I open the door to Utas HySy Artmask Studio. There is a light ring of a bell as I enter.

"Oh, Natsuki?" I hear a voice from the back of the store.

"Yes, hello Uta, it's been a while," I start to walk back by him.

"Yes it has, and I am assuming you are here because something has happened to your mask?" He looks up from a mask he was designing.

"Yep," I simply state.

"Do you want the same mask or something different?" He questioned.

"I want something different, I'm sick of the same old mask, which I lost anyway," I answered, sitting down in a stool.

"So where are you living now?" He starts, grabbing a sketchbook and writing stuff down.

"An academy..." I reply.

"Ah, and what is it like there?"

"Vampires, there are vampires"

He gives me this look, which doesn't surprise me. I mean, its vampires! But we are ghouls so....

"Any new....love interests?" He suddenly asks.

"Wha- um...kinda?" I blush.

"I see..." He jots stuff down and looks up at me, "I will have this ready in a few days."

"Thank you!" I say as I get up. I notice him blush a little, which is surprising for him. I smile. This feels good, I should talk with people more often.

I walk out and head back to the academy, taking the bus. I lay in my bed pleased with myself for getting it done. I really missed Uta, he is so helpful and nice.

I grab my sketchbook and draw for the rest of the night, finishing the rough sketches I did the other night.