I miss her

Branch was sitting in his bunker. Even though they lived in the Troll Tree again, he finds it more comfortable to be underground. Being back in the Troll Tree reminds him of his grandmother. Branch grew up never knowing his parents, so his grandmother raised him. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be alive right now. He still remembered when his grandmother took Branch to meet Poppy when she was born & the day he lost Rosiepuff.

Flashback

Grandma Rosiepuff was taking young Branch to the Royal Pod to meet the new royal. King Peppy was at the door & Queen Lavender was in bed since she was tired from giving birth.

Grandma Rosiepuff: Hello, King Peppy.

King Peppy: Ah, Rosiepuff. Glad you can come by. So, this is Branch.

Branch: Hi.

Grandma Rosiepuff: Now, where is that beautiful daughter of yours?

King Peppy: She's right in her crib.

Rosiepuff walked to the crid seeing a beautiful pink troll baby. The baby was bubbly & happy. Rosepuff takes the girl into her arms.

Grandma Rosiepuff: Why, Peppy. She's beautiful.

Branch: I wanna see! I wanna see!

Grandma Rosiepuff: *giggles* Alright.

Rosiepuff kneels down showing Branch the newborn princess.

Grandma Rosiepuff: Branch, this is Princess Poppy.

Branch: Hi, Poppy.

Little Poppy squealed with happiness which brighten the whole room.

Queen Lavender: *giggles* She seems to like you, Branch.

Branch: Really? Grandma, do you think we could be friends someday?

Grandma Rosiepuff: Of course, Branch. Once she's at a certain age, you two will be best friends.

Branch: Yay!

After spending a few more minutes with the royal family, Branch & Rosiepuff went back to their pod.

Next day

Grandma Rosiepuff: Branch dear, I need to hang these clothes. Do you mind singing for me?

Branch: Sure, grandma!

Branch found a rose & picked it to use as a microphone.

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely

And you're never coming round

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit tired

Of listening to the sound of my tears

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit nervous

That the best of all the years have gone by

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit terrified

And then I see the look in your eyes

Turnaround bright eyes, but every now and then I fall apart

Turnaround bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight

And I need you more than ever

And if you only hold me tight

We'll be holding on forever

As Branch was singing to his grandmother, she turned to see Chef Bergen walking towards him.

Grandma Rosiepuff: Branch, watch out!

Rosiepuff ran to save Branch, but he was still singing, not knowing what's about to hit him.

And we'll only be making it right

Grandma Rosiepuff: Watch out, Branch!

Branch stopped singing turned to see a bergen's hand coming for him. But Rosiepuff pushed him out of the way the bergen grabbed her, instead. Branch fell out of the Troll Tree landed on the ground. He watched as the bergen carry his grandmother away.

Branch: GRANDMA!

Branch felt his world crashing down. His colors started to fade, he lost his happiness, he lost his only family member, he lost everything.

Flashback ends

Branch couldn't help but be in tears after having that thought. He was so mad at himself for what happened that day. He could NEVER forgive himself for his grandmother's death. After a while, he felt someone hugging him from behind.

Poppy: Thinking about her, again?

Branch: I can't help it, Poppy. It's my fault that she died.

Poppy: Branch, it's not your fault! You just didn't know what was gonna happen. The reason why she risked her life to save you, is because she wanted you to live, not feel bad about yourself.

Poppy was right. He can't be like this again. As long as he had her, he couldn't be happier.

Branch: Only if you stay by my side.

Poppy: *hugs him tight* Always.