chapter 10

I don't want expensive gifts. I don't want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me,to make me feel safe and secure

Playlist: Too late -Adina

HAYLEY'S POV

It's been two moths since I started working for Aiden. Am sure you 're wondering why I am calling him that. Well Aiden and I in the past  two months have become a bit close. We sorted out our differences. So we 're now on first name basis.  Tomorrow is  the annual masquerade ball and Logan,Zoey and I are  in charge of the preparation. Everyone had a plus one invite. Zoey was bringing Jayden, Logan was bringing Shelby (these two have gotten close and I suspect something going on). The Brown sisters (Riley and Anastasia,are also bringing their boyfriends) and then Natalie was also bringing her boyfriend. Me,I was bringing no one. The girls decided that after work we go and shop for our gowns and mask.
Work wasn't really effective because we were busy with the preparations. At 5, I go to Aiden's office.

"Hi" I greeted

"Hey you"

"Do you need anything because I am going shopping with the girls for our gowns"

"No I don't. Have fun and see you tomorrow"

"Bye". I leave the office. I go downstairs to Zoey.

"Let's go.we will meet the others there",She says.

With that we exit the  office and call a cab. We get to the mall 15 minutes later. We immediately spot Natalie,Anastasia and Riley at Starbucks. Shelby comes in some few minutes later. Zoey calls out to them and we head to Roots to check out their clothes. None of us finds anything suitable except Natalie. We then head to forever 21 and there,we all find something for ourselves. We were heading out of the shop when We bumped into Scarlett.

"What 're u doing here"  Zoey says to her

"Came to the get the right outfit for tomorrow's masquerade ball"

"You are coming". I stupidly ask

"Of course, I am his fiancee. Why what did you expect? I won't come so that you can throw yourself on him you slut"

"WHAT"

"Oh shut up. You think I don't know. He is engaged so let him be".

"I don't.....

"Let me see your dress" ,Zoey cuts in

"Yeah" Natalie and Anastasia chimed.

"Ok" and she glares at me. She brought the gown out of the bag and I was mesmerized.  It was really beautiful, and no doubt very expensive.

"Woooow" Anastasia said. Anastasia's best friend was Scarlett.

"I gotta go. See you tomorrow" Scarlett says to them. With that She turns and leave

" We say our goodbyes to each other and head home.
I get home very exhausted but anxious for tomorrow . I wonder what Aiden will say when he sees me,I think to myself. " why would he do that , my subconscious says
Yeah  why would he, i think to myself. why would he even look at me. He will be with his fiancee. I take my bath and head to bed,thinking of tomorrow.

Hayley's gown and mask