CHAPTER 2 Sea Witch

C A R L I N A  just finished her last class for that day and Alicia drags her to a shopping mall. Their plan was to shop a little and have dinner at a fine restaurant. That's it.

          But little old' Carlina got carried away in her wonderland A.K.A in a bookshop with rows of wonderful books for almost two hours— what could she do, she is a critical bookworm— while Alicia whining in the background.

           Eventually, after almost getting bleeding ears of Alicia's non–stop whining Carlina drags her feet to the cashier counter for payment.

          After that, they head to a restaurant for dinner. But Alicia said she wanted to shop for her clothes first.

          " More clothes? You just bought some last week yet you wanted to shop more? You didn't even wear them all yet," Carlina exclaims.

          She would bet that Alicia can donate the clothes she has in her 15,000$ walk-in closet to a shelter for the homeless according to the rows and rows of her clothing and shoe rack including her jewelry. It is packed in there.

          And then Alicia makes the puppy eyes.

          " No," Carlina says firmly.

          " Please . . ." she palmed both of her hands together and puckered her lips.

          " No," Carlina stands her ground.

          " I will buy you dinner and lunch for a week," Alicia raised her eyebrow.

          That, she couldn't resist.

          " Fine," Carlina huffed dramatically.

          A happy grin crossed Alicia's face.

          "Let's go!" she squealed and grabbed Carlina's hand to the nearest boutique.

           Carlina runs her hands down her face frustratedly. Ugh, this woman! Alicia can be annoying sometimes but she still loves her though.

          They walked into the boutique and greeted by a salesgirl that stands at the cashier counter. She smiles at them and welcomed them.

A few decades later . . .

          Actually, it's just only twenty minutes they are in this high-end womenswear boutique but to Carlina, it felt like it's an eternity.

          Why? It's because of Alice keeps rejecting whatever that the poor and patient salesgirl recommended

          " This is not sexy enough."

          " I don't like the color."

          " Do you have this same design but with this color?"

          " Ergh, this is something my grandma would wear and she's eighty."

          " Seriously, I want something classy, not this thing!"